1. #1 British schools and hospitals could be at risk in new horse meat fears 
    By STEVE HAWKES, Business Editor
    Last Updated: 08th February 2013
    DOWNING Street today said that they cannot rule out that horse meat has been served to millions of school pupils and hospital patients.

It emerged last night that beef lasagne meals sold by fast food giants Findus were up to 99 per cent horse.

Findus's beef lasagne was bought from the same French meat supplier which provided Tesco's withdrawn Value Spaghetti Bolognese. Aldi has also pulled products from Comigel, based in Metz, north east France
    Chain ... Findus's beef lasagne was bought from
    the same French meat supplier which provided
    Tesco's withdrawn Value Spaghetti Bolognese.
    Aldi has also pulled products from Comigel,
    based in Metz, north east France

The food giant has now been ordered to test the dishes for a cancer-causing painkiller used by vets.

Today a spokesman for Findus said they received notification on SATURDAY that their products may contain horsemeat.

The company issued a full product recall on Monday before DNA testing on Wednesday confirmed horsemeat was in their products.

Findus today reiterated its apology over some of its beef lasagne products containing horse meat.

The company said it was “sorry that we have let people down”.

Ministers were rapped over the scandal and customers warned to take meals back to shops.

Downing Street described the latest incident as “distasteful” but stressed there was no evidence of a health risk and urged consumers to follow the FSA advice.

A Number 10 spokeswoman said the matter appeared to involve “acts of criminality” which were being investigated by the police, including officers from the UK.
    Read More>http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...ests-show.html

Dammit, I used most of my puns on the burger King story!

Tenderizing.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

So why the long face, it's just horse meat.
    I dream of the day a chicken can cross the road without it's motives being questioned.

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    How is a state religion bad, but state medicine good?
    Quote Originally Posted by steamboatpete View Post
    Anyone who makes the decision to depend upon the government to take care of their basic needs has essentially doomed himself to a life of bitter disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Rick View Post
    So why the long face, it's just horse meat.
    Nice!
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg