Thread: Some things about the USPS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Fabulous Poster
    Major media coverage points to the rise of email or Internet services and the inefficiency of the post model as the major culprits. While these factors may cause some fiscal pain, almost all of the postal service’s losses over the last four years can be traced back to a single, artificial restriction forced onto the Post Office by the Republican-led Congress in 2006.
    At the very end of that year, Congress passed the Postal Accountability and Enhancement Act of 2006 (PAEA). Under PAEA, USPS was forced to “prefund its future health care benefit payments to retirees for the next 75 years in an astonishing ten-year time span” — meaning that it had to put aside billions of dollars to pay for the health benefits of employees it hasn’t even hired yet, something “that no other government or private corporation is required to do.”
    As consumer advocate Ralph Nader noted, if PAEA was never enacted, USPS would actually be facing a $1.5 billion surplus today:

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    The DUmmies should be thrilled with PAEA!!!!
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    As I understand it, UPS is not universally unionized. I don't believe the Florida operations are unionized. Even in places where the drivers are unionized, there are nonunion workers in handling. I don't know if the runner who rides with the driver during heavy volume is a union worker or not.
    The USPS isn't universally unionized either.

A while back the post Office was looking for offices to close. A Town down the road a few miles had two, one was union one wasn't, one operated in the black and 1 didn't. Care to guess which office got closed down, Yes they closed down the nonunion operating in the black office.
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    As I understand it, UPS is not universally unionized. I don't believe the Florida operations are unionized. Even in places where the drivers are unionized, there are nonunion workers in handling. I don't know if the runner who rides with the driver during heavy volume is a union worker or not.
    But they are unionized for the most part. Teamsters to be exact.
    "Inequality is a false notion propagated by those who are made to feel guilty for what they have by those who are jealous for what they don't"-Former MTV Host Kennedy