1. #1 Brown University’s student health plan will cover sex changes 
    Eric Owens
    Students at Brown University who decide they want to change genders will now be covered under the school’s generous student health insurance plan.

Beginning in August, Brown’s student health insurance plan will pay for more than a dozen different sexual reassignment surgery procedures, including scrotoplasty, labiaplasty, clitoroplasty and placement of testicular prostheses, reports The Brown Daily Herald. The plan as currently configured will cover only students, not staff.

“We identified this as an important benefit for students to have access to,” Director of Insurance and Purchasing Services Jeanne Hebert wrote in an email to the school’s student newspaper. She added that the new health care benefit is part of a broader effort “to support all students” at Brown.

The total cost for a single sexual reassignment surgery, including hormone therapy and various other physical alterations, can be as much as $50,000.
    Read More>http://dailycaller.com/2013/02/07/br...r-sex-changes/
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Fabulous Poster
    This is something that people a hundred years from now will look back on as some kind of bizarre fad of a primitive people.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    This is something that people a hundred years from now will look back on as some kind of bizarre fad of a primitive people.
    It will fit in along side practices like this.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Like I've said-I don't have a problem with people desiring to be the opposite gender from what they were born, but with doctors performing procedures that make it appear slightly more real than cross-dressing already does.

Also, like I've also noted, it's not one operation, it's a lifetime of plastic surgery. That's not healthy for anyone, there are risks with any time anesthesia is administered or risks of infections from any type of surgery, you shouldn't undertake them if it isn't necessary.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Like I've said-I don't have a problem with people desiring to be the opposite gender from what they were born, but with doctors performing procedures that make it appear slightly more real than cross-dressing already does.

Also, like I've also noted, it's not one operation, it's a lifetime of plastic surgery. That's not healthy for anyone, there are risks with any time anesthesia is administered or risks of infections from any type of surgery, you shouldn't undertake them if it isn't necessary.
    I've always found the transexual "philosophy" (aka the doctrine of gender studies) to be lacking in completeness and cohesion.

• They angrily tell us that all gender is socialization (or however one puts that) and then deny that their mannerisms are an affect.

• They angrily deny that stereotypical behaviors of male and female are the province of being male or being female and then when presenting as female they tend to be caricatures of female stereotypes.

• They angrily deny that they are born a given sex, but then have "sexual reassignment" surgery.

I sincerely do not understand why such people demand to be accepted as a member of the other sex than the one they were born. Why don't they identify as "transexual" with society's permission to act and dress as they please limited only by the same rules of good taste and decency that everyone else does?

I also don't understand the obsession of some folks with the sex of the person using the stall next to him. I have no problem calling a male Michelle or sharing a restroom with someone of either sex. Well, I should modify that: I actually would prefer to not share a restroom with anyone, but given that individual restrooms are not ubiquitous as yet, I don't give a damn if the person in the next stall is a man or a woman, or the one dressed as the other.