Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Pope Benedict XVI 'to resign' 
    Last year the Pope started using a cane on occasions and recently he appeared to have trouble reading the text of an address he delivered in Rome.

There was no immediate comment from the Vatican.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/reli...to-resign.html

The Vatican's statement on the patter said that the Pope said that "He no longer has adequate strength to continue in office due to his advanced age," and that the decision was his ans his alone.
    http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7...343589,00.html

Dear Brothers,

I have convoked you to this Consistory, not only for the three canonisations, but also to communicate to you a decision of great importance for the life of the Church. After having repeatedly examined my conscience before God, I have come to the certainty that my strengths, due to an advanced age, are no longer suited to an adequate exercise of the Petrine ministry.

I am well aware that this ministry, due to its essential spiritual nature, must be carried out not only with words and deeds, but no less with prayer and suffering. However, in today’s world, subject to so many rapid changes and shaken by questions of deep relevance for the life of faith, in order to govern the bark of Saint Peter and proclaim the Gospel, both strength of mind and body are necessary, strength which in the last few months, has deteriorated in me to the extent that I have had to recognise my incapacity to adequately fulfil the ministry entrusted to me.

For this reason, and well aware of the seriousness of this act, with full freedom I declare that I renounce the ministry of Bishop of Rome, Successor of Saint Peter, entrusted to me by the Cardinals on 19 April 2005, in such a way, that as from 28 February 2013, at 20:00 hours, the See of Rome, the See of Saint Peter, will be vacant and a Conclave to elect the new Supreme Pontiff will have to be convoked by those whose competence it is.

Dear Brothers, I thank you most sincerely for all the love and work with which you have supported me in my ministry and I ask pardon for all my defects. And now, let us entrust the Holy Church to the care of Our Supreme Pastor, Our Lord Jesus Christ, and implore his holy Mother Mary, so that she may assist the Cardinal Fathers with her maternal solicitude, in electing a new Supreme Pontiff. With regard to myself, I wish to also devotedly serve the Holy Church of God in the future through a life dedicated to prayer.

From the Vatican, 10 February 2013

BENEDICTUS PP XVI

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013...-live-reaction
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Interesting story to start the day with.

I'm sure the DUmmies will claim it's a Nazi or BFEE conspiracy...
    May the FORCE be with you!

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Response to Spider Jerusalem (Original post)
    Mon Feb 11, 2013, 06:12 AM
    Fire Walk With Me

5. No more Hitler Youth leading the world's Catholics? n/t

Yep, just like I thought.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Interesting story to start the day with.

I'm sure the DUmmies will claim it's a Nazi or BFEE conspiracy...
    Of course, now that George W Bush has retired he has all the time in the world to sit in his villain's lair inventing evil plots...

I'm not a fan of any pope, being a good protestant and all. That said, I have to give this one some credit for seeing that he won't be able to perform the job and stepping down. Ever since I can remember, the previous pope has died when still in office. In an organization as large as the Catholic Church, it probably allows for an easier leadership transition to do it this way.

I hope nobody pissed him off?

Is he still inflammable, or does he throw off that extra layer of protection?
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

I still wish that he'd taken the name "George", after Saint George. Then, the line of succession would have been John-Paul and George, and the pressure on the next Pope to take the name "Ringo" would have been unstoppable.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Now is Obama's chance, he can run for Pope. Oh, wait, he already thinks he is Jesus. Which is a more powerful position.

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....