Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

1. #1 Wrestling To Be Cut From The Olympics 
    One of the oldest sports to compete in the Olympics, wrestling, has been cut by the IOC. However, rhythmic gymnastics, the modern pentathlon, synchronized swimming, and sailing remain. UFB. http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/olympi...9336--oly.html
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Maybe they can replace it with fake wrestling. It's more popular than the greco-roman style, anyways.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Maybe they can replace it with fake wrestling. It's more popular than the greco-roman style, anyways.
    True. Olympic wrestling is boring. So is Olympic martial arts. The commercial versions are more entertaining.

Mrs. O and I had this discussion during the last Olympics, and we tried to come up with sports that were too silly for the games, but might end up there anyway. Olympic musical chairs, synchronized pole vaulting, javelin catching and combining volleyball with the shot put were the top of our list.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Thumb wrestling maybe?

http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    One of those 'fake' wrestlers already has an Olympic gold medal, Kurt Angle:

Was the 2nd Euro-Continental champion(the Euro championship, a belt rarely defended in Europe is defunct):

King of the Ring:

WWF Champ:

WWE World Champ:

WWE Undisputed Champ:

TNA Champ:

Not many titles he didn't have. Not bad for a guy who was called boring when he made his WWF debut, changed to a mega heel, and is now quite wealthy because of it.
    Last edited by NJCardFan; 02-12-2013 at 11:57 PM.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

I have an idea, we could watch them throw republican politicians in the ring with kittens and watch the kittens devour them.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    I have an idea, we could watch them throw republican politicians in the ring with kittens and watch the kittens devour them.
    Heh! Boehner is a goner. He'd be in a corner with a sponge full of bourbon and a pack of Newports, and a couple of Calicos would just rip him to shreds.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Feral or domesticated? I mean, you have to keep the odds even enough to make it interesting.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Feral or domesticated? I mean, you have to keep the odds even enough to make it interesting.
    Domestic would be too cruel, the death of the politician would be slow and prolonged, to keep viewers interest I would recommend feral and withhold milk for a day.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg