Results 1 to 8 of 8
#1 Democrats bringing illegal immigrants as guests to State of the Union
02-12-2013, 07:11 PM
- Join Date
- May 2008
- Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
WASHINGTON — A number of Democrats, including First Lady Michelle Obama, are bringing illegal immigrants as guests to the State Of The Union on Tuesday.
But a spokeswoman with the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency declined to comment to The Daily Caller on Tuesday about whether the agency approves of this occurring at the Capitol, where Obama is set to give his annual address on Tuesday night.
“I don’t have any comment for you on this,” Gillian Christensen, a spokeswoman with the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, said after TheDC inquired whether the agency was aware of this and whether it was possible the guests could be arrested.
Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/02/12/de...#ixzz2Kj2FvQiV
There was talk they were to do the "Across the Isle" date system again where they take some one from the other side and sit with them to show bipartisinship, but looks like several are looking more for political statements then working together.
"At least five Democrats are bringing illegal immigrants to the State of the Union, according to reports:
– First lady Michelle Obama is hosting Alan Aleman, a 20-year-old illegal immigrant from Nevada as one of her guests. Under new administration rules, Aleman’s deportation proceedings have been deferred because he was brought into the country while he was under the age of 16.
– Virginia Democratic Sen. Mark Warner has invited 19-year-old Ambar Pinto, an illegal immigrant who goes to Northern Virginia Community College, as his guest.
– Illinois Democratic Rep. Luis V. Gutierrez is bringing 27-year-old Gabino Sanchez, an illegal immigrant who lives in South Carolina and is fighting deportation, as his guest.
– Texas Democratic Rep. Marc Veasey has invited 32-year-old Julieta Garibay, an illegal immigrant who moved to Austin from Mexico with her family when she was 12, as his guest.
– Florida Democratic Rep. Kathy Castor has invited Jose Godinez-Samperio, who has made news for trying to obtain a law license despite being an illegal immigrant."Rest In Peace America
July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009
|« Previous Thread | Next Thread »|