Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 31
  1. #21  
    HR Corporate Scum patriot45's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Plant City, Florida
    Posts
    10,842
    Good try! I'll post the answers tonite.

    : “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #22  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,269
    11. I can sizzle like bacon,
    I am made with an egg,
    I have plenty of backbone but lack a good leg.
    I peel layers like onions, but still remain whole;
    I can be long, like a flagpole, yet fit in a hole.
    What am I?


    Rattlesnake?

    3. What grows down while it grows up?
    Goose

    14. What well-known object is described in this poetic riddle by the 19-century English poet Sir Edmund Goss?

    My love, when I gaze on thy beautiful face,
    Careering along, yet always in place,
    The though has often come into my mind
    If I ever shall see they glorious behind.


    Sun?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #23  
    Drive-by Poster ABC in Georgia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    2,752
    Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck;551356

    [I
    14. What well-known object is described in this poetic riddle by the 19-century English poet Sir Edmund Goss?

    My love, when I gaze on thy beautiful face,
    Careering along, yet always in place,
    The though has often come into my mind
    If I ever shall see they glorious behind. [/I]

    Sun?
    Rats! I concentrated on the four lines and forgot the word "object."

    Perhaps, if in reference to a woman's face the poor soul had only one eye!
    American By Choice ~ 1980
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #24  
    HR Corporate Scum patriot45's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Plant City, Florida
    Posts
    10,842
    Geez! You guys want to see the face and backside of the sun?! Anything else in the sky that makes more sense?!!!

    : “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #25  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,269
    Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post
    Geez! You guys want to see the face and backside of the sun?! Anything else in the sky that makes more sense?!!!
    Moon. He may not have known that the backside of the moon can be seen; it's just not visible.

    Hey, how about leaving this one unanswered for a while. I'd like to work on it some more:
    12. Hi there! Ma and Pa told me I'd better tell you that all the two-letter words in this paragraph have something in common -or else! What's the deal?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #26  
    Drive-by Poster ABC in Georgia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    2,752
    Hell's bells, I would as well Starbuck ...

    But am getting ready to go out to dinner, and can't spend anymore time on it at the moment.

    Between this quiz and the other one, my poor brain is on "scramble!"

    Will not be able to hold up my end of the conversation tonight! Oh well ... best thing to do I guess, is have 3 wines instead of 2, and folks can blame it on my drinks!

    ~ ABC
    American By Choice ~ 1980
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #27  
    HR Corporate Scum patriot45's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Plant City, Florida
    Posts
    10,842
    Quote Originally Posted by ABC in Georgia View Post
    Hell's bells, I would as well Starbuck ...

    But am getting ready to go out to dinner, and can't spend anymore time on it at the moment.

    Between this quiz and the other one, my poor brain is on "scramble!"

    Will not be able to hold up my end of the conversation tonight! Oh well ... best thing to do I guess, is have 3 wines instead of 2, and folks can blame it on my drinks!

    ~ ABC
    You gonna have cheese with that whine!?!

    : “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #28  
    HR Corporate Scum patriot45's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Plant City, Florida
    Posts
    10,842
    Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
    Moon. He may not have known that the backside of the moon can be seen; it's just not visible.

    Hey, how about leaving this one unanswered for a while. I'd like to work on it some more:
    12. Hi there! Ma and Pa told me I'd better tell you that all the two-letter words in this paragraph have something in common -or else! What's the deal?
    I can wait!

    : “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #29  
    Drive-by Poster ABC in Georgia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    2,752
    Yippee!

    Answer to #12 finally came to me (while brushing my teeth) and can now go to bed.

    Starbuck ...

    All 3 are a fraction of 50. Lousy I know, but will have to do for a clue, am pooped.

    Night all!
    American By Choice ~ 1980
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #30  
    HR Corporate Scum patriot45's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Plant City, Florida
    Posts
    10,842
    Heres the deal!




    1. The cup was filled with dry, ground coffee.

    2. Sam's father was 50 when he married. His bride was 25; her father was 45. When Sam was born a year later, his father was 51 and his grandfather on his mother's side was 46.

    3. A goose.

    4. David ("D" is the Roman numeral for 500, "V" is the Roman numeral for 5, "a" is the first letter of the alphabet, and "I" is the first person).

    5. Boxing.

    6. A relationship.

    7. A mirror.

    8. To cover cows.

    9. He's a barber.

    10. An egg.

    11. A snake.

    12. They're all abbreviations of U.S. states. HI -Hawaii, MA -Massachusetts, PA -Pennsylvania, ME -Maine, ID -Idaho, IN -Indiana, OR -Oregon.

    13. They're kings in a deck of cards.

    14. The moon.

    : “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •