Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    "All I have to say" means "all I have to say". I'm not sufficiently interested in picking it apart down to the last detail. I'm not your issue - I'm 57 and I haven't had a uterus for almost ten years. I can't get pregnant. Concentrate on changing the minds and hearts of younger women if you want to see a change in this country.
    "I don't own a gas chamber so I'm not really interested in discussing the vileness of the holocaust in detail."

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Concentrate on changing the minds and hearts of younger women if you want to see a change in this country.

So you agree that there needs to be a change in this country in regards s to abortion?

3. #23 Re: Abortion Rights Group Strives for Youthful Image 
    "All I have to say" means "all I have to say". I'm not sufficiently interested in picking it apart down to the last detail. I'm not your issue - I'm 57 and I haven't had a uterus for almost ten years. I can't get pregnant. Concentrate on changing the minds and hearts of younger women if you want to see a change in this country.
    I don't have a uterus either, but I vote, express opinions and exercise influence beyond the end of my reproductive organs, as do you. If you cannot defend your position, then it may be time to reevaluate it, but don't think that retreating from the debate makes you anything but defeated.
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    "I don't own a gas chamber so I'm not really interested in discussing the vileness of the holocaust in detail."
    :D
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    So you agree that there needs to be a change in this country in regards s to abortion?
    No, she has no problem with abortion as it is currently constituted under Roe v Wade and has said as much. Linda doesn't want to revisit a debate that her side won decades ago, no matter how much has changed. This is the way that the left ratchets government in their direction. Once their precedent is established, it is locked in stone forever, while laws that have been on the books since the founding are subject to the whims of judges and whatever fads are in vogue.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Funny. Abortion was decided in the courts, not the Constitution and the left fight tooth and nail and wail and gnash teeth when anyone wants to make adjustments in any way like making late term abortion illegal or requiring children to need parental consent. However, they see no problem with infringing on a right that IS enumerated the the Constitution.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Two questions for abortion rights supporters in here ...

(1) Who is Norma McCorvey, and what is her stance on abortion these days?

(2) Who exactly was Margaret Sanger, founder of what later became known as Planned Parenthood, the largest single provider of abortions in the U.S. ... and could she possibly have been a eugenicist, and if so ... which race was she trying to cut down the numbers on, and why?

All this and more is available for your enlightenment you foolish proponents of abortion rights ... anytime you choose to research it.

Happy reading!

~ ABC
    American By Choice ~ 1980

Senior Member Unreconstructed Reb's Avatar
    #5 I'm leery of any "personhood" laws, because they make a zygote the equivalent of a born person under the law.
    Would you feel that way if you were the 'zygote' roto-rooted and flushed into the sewer system?

Define 'viable' in the context of human development for me, please.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that you won't need it until they try to take it away."---Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

#5 I'm leery of any "personhood" laws, because they make a zygote the equivalent of a born person under the law. This means - if we're consistent - that any miscarriage would have to be investigated for possible malfeasance, which is preposterous. I'm okay with viability as the demarcation point.
    It's scary you think this way. With this statement you pretty much marginalized life. But let me ask you, what are your views on the death penalty.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Senior Member Unreconstructed Reb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    It's scary you think this way. With this statement you pretty much marginalized life. But let me ask you, what are your views on the death penalty.
    I always have trouble with that 'viable' part.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that you won't need it until they try to take it away."---Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    I think the effective change will be in behavior. What I see on this thread is an understandable frustration that abortion has been legal for forty years, and that more than one generation has now grown up with this being the "normal" state of things.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    I'm in favor of the death penalty for capital crimes.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken