1. #1 FAA official: No armed drones in U.S. 
    By Ben Wolfgang

An official with the Federal Aviation Administration reassured the public Wednesday that no armed drones will be permitted in U.S. airspace, but he acknowledged the agency can do little about privacy fears associated with the unmanned craft.

In an address to the drone-industry’s leading trade group, which is meeting this week in Northern Virginia, Jim Williams said existing rules already bar aircraft from using weapons and “we don’t have any plans of changing [those rules] for unmanned aircraft.”

“We currently have rules in the books that deal with releasing anything from an aircraft, period. Those rules are in place and that would prohibit weapons from being installed on a civil aircraft,” said Mr. Williams, who heads the FAA's Unmanned Aircraft Systems Integration Office, formed last year to shepherd drones into already-crowded American skies and integrate drone use with the manned-aircraft system.
    Read More>http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...med-drones-us/

Their will me much new interest in learning to shoot skeet in the future.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

..."Those rules are in place and that would prohibit weapons from being installed on a civil aircraft..."
    That's nice. I'm really reassured now. Although I'm sure Obama's lawyers would be the first to point out in a classified opinion to him that military birds on loan to law enforcement probably aren't "Civil aircraft."