Here is a sample mensa quiz, my quiz was harder!!! I only got one wrong #2! I am mensa material!
Knock em dead!
1. If two typists can type two pages in two minutes, how many typists will it take to type 18 pages in six minutes?
2. If it were two hours later, it would be half as long until midnight as it would be if it were an hour later. What time is it now?
3. Pear is to apple as potato is to: (a) banana, (b) radish, (c)
strawberry, (d) peach, (e) lettuce.
4. Continue the following number series with the pair of numbers below that best continues the series: 10 3 9 5 8 7 7 9 6 . . .
(a) 11, 5; (b) 10, 5; (c) 10, 4; (d) 11, 6.
5. Which of the following is least like the others? (a) poem, (b) novel,
(c) painting, (d) statue, (e) flower.
6. What is the following word when it is unscrambled: HCPRAATEU
7. What is the number that is one half of one quarter of one tenth of 400?
8. Which of the sentences below means approximately the same as the proverb: ``Don`t count your chickens until they are hatched.``
(a) Some chickens have double yolks, so you can`t really count eggs and chickens.
(b) You can`t walk around the henhouse to count the eggs because it will disturb the hens and they won`t lay eggs.
(c) It is not really sensible to rely on something that has not yet happened and may not ever happen.
(d) Since eggs break so easily, you may not be accurate in your count of future chickens.
9) The same three-letter word can be placed in front of the following words to make a new word: ---light, ---break, ---time.