Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    It must be Bushies fault, he was president. waaaaahhhhhhh.
    Don't be such a chickenshit. Post my entire response.
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    This is a giant shit sandwich - of EVERYONE’S making - and we’re all going to have to take a nice, big, juicy bite of it before this gets back to normal.
    or if you don't have the evidence to single-handedly blame Bush do the next best thing...blame everyone.

or if you don't have the evidence to single-handedly blame Bush do the next best thing...blame everyone.
    So what you’re implying is that not a single CEO or major executive of any of those failing financial institutions now deciding into the Bahamas this week with their ‘golden parachutes’ are Republican?

At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    I find it rather amusing that every thread that is posted on the subject...every thread that details the lib legislation, every thread that shows the libs that cooked the books, the libs that took the contributions, the libs that blocked oversight legislation and the libs that told us that F/F were just fine is met solely with the same response:

It must be Bushies fault, he was president. waaaaahhhhhhh.
    He/it's a very low level Plant from the DNC in place to generate a blizzard of bullshit to confuse the issues and cover their trail, don't cha know ?

So what you’re implying is that not a single CEO or major executive of any of those failing financial institutions now deciding into the Bahamas this week with their ‘golden parachutes’ are Republican?

Who was minding the store when F/F was telling us don't worry be happy? One of you.

And if you don't know party affiliation or what their involvement in this mess is or was then you shouldn't be playing along.

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    Exactly. There's plenty of blame to go around, and plenty of time to sort it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by megimoo
    Nice try slick but you liberals own it hook line and sinker !!
    Interesting quotes, these.

I think that Numbahs is right on this one.

I think that both sides have to own responsibility for this one.

It's kind of funny seeing the Dems blaming the Republicans when they could easily sign this bill into law, given their own majority.

There are three parties to blame here for this crisis:

The first. The one that sold mortgages in the full expectation that the mortgagee would default, so that the property could be repocessed. I can think of one well known UK loanshark, owned by a well known US company that just went belly-up, that fits this first description to a tee.

The second: The governments that stood by and did nothing, while the loansharks ran endless ads on daytime TV, unchecked, to reel more suckers in. A bit of regulation would have been good, but the tax revenue and the phony feel-good feeling was too good to resist. My government, and yours.

The third: The suckers, who fell for those ads. Easy credit, no problems. 'We "deserve" the good things in life.' Sure you do.. just pay up front, then you deserve them. Our suckers and yours.

The problem is, the collusion between these three is going to bring the rest of us down, too.

I hold no debt, but I have a job that needs credit to flow in order to make it work. I have investments that will take a pounding because of this ... even though I played by my own rules, not theirs.

I buy high end products from companies that will not, for much longer, be able to meet the costs of making them. That's what this is really about.

I think we're finally seeing what happens when untrammelled capitalistic greed and untrammelled left wing wish-fulfillment meet, head on.

This is a giant shit sandwich - of EVERYONE’S making - and we’re all going to have to take a nice, big, juicy bite of it before this gets back to normal.
    Much as it pains me, I have to agree. There have been signs of trouble and chances to get out of it for a long time now. A couple of presidents and a whole lot of folks going through Congress, the Cabinet, Wall St ect. Unfortunately, I find myself questioning if things are going to get back to normal out of this mess, or if we are finally witnessing everything hitting the fan.
    Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.

My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!

The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Eyelids
    Its hot here today, I want the Kool-Aid.