1. #1 Bloomberg Pushes for Plastic-Foam Ban in ‘State of the City’ 
    By Esmé E. Deprez & Henry Goldman - Feb 14, 2013 1:53 PM CT
    New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg said he intends to use his final year in office to push for more recycling and electric vehicles, a curbside food-composting pilot program and a ban on plastic-foam food packaging.
    In his final State of the City address today, the third- term mayor characterized his 11 years in office as a period in which he made the most-populous U.S. city healthier and more environmentally friendly.

He strode to the speaker’s platform to Jay-Z’s hip-hop anthem “Empire State of Mind,” after local dance groups entertained officials and business leaders at Barclays Center in downtown Brooklyn. The 19,000-seat arena completed last year is the venue for concerts, the National Basketball Association’s Brooklyn Nets, and in 2015 will be the home of National Hockey League’s New York Islanders.
    Read More>http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-0...-of-city-.html

Has anybody tested this assholes authority to pull this kind of bullshit in court yet?
    It is hard for me to believe a mayor has this kind of power.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

NYC needs to ban Bloomberg.
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

Fabulous Poster
    deport him

Oh fer fux sake!
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

Growing up in the United Church of Christ, this actually became an issue at my family's church in the early 80s -do we use styrofoam or cardboard coffee cups? Styrofoam kept the coffee warm and is cheap, but cardboard is biodegradable.

I really didn't care, since I don't drink coffee. I think they stuck with styrofoam because of expenses. My mom was on the anti-styrofoam side, more because she always said that stryofoam makes the coffee taste funny.

He strode to the speaker’s platform to Jay-Z’s hip-hop anthem “Empire State of Mind,”
    Another dope. Cracks me up that they use this song as the new New York anthem.

Someone tell Bloomberg that Jay-Z is singing (if that's what you want to call it) about selling drugs, women that didn't make it in NY becoming prostitutes, illegal stimulants and wasting your time in church.

Well done Mike. Idiot.
    Be Not Afraid.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    deport him
    Yep, to Jersey!!!
    May the FORCE be with you!

Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post

Has anybody tested this assholes authority to pull this kind of bullshit in court yet?
    It is hard for me to believe a mayor has this kind of power.
    Yea he's being challenged big time, and will likely see the courts toss almost all of this once he's gone.

Today Barrett Firearms, LaRue Tactical, Olympic Arms, Extreme Firepower Inc, Templar Custom and York Arms - ALL have joined together and are refusing to sell any-thing to any state agency in NY until they repeal the gun bann law and an apologize to the American people.

That pretty much covers the gambit of companies who supply law-enforcement with weapons in NY.

Way they look at it, if the people cant have guns, then no state agency will ether.
    Firearm manufacturer Olympic Arms announced that they will no longer sell to New York law enforcement in protest of the gun control laws recently passed there.

“Legislation recently passed in the State of New York outlaws the AR15 and many other firearms, and will make it illegal for the good and free citizens of New York to own a large selection of legal and safe firearms and magazines. We feel as though the passage of this legislation exceeds the authority granted to the government of New York by its citizens, and violates the Constitution of the United States, ignoring such SCOTUS rulings as District of Columbia v. Heller — 554, U.S. 570 of 2008, McDonald v. Chicago — 561 U.S. 3025 of 2010, and specifically the case of United States v. Miller — 307 U.S. 174 of 1939.”

“Due the passing of this legislation, Olympic Arms would like to announce that the State of New York, any Law Enforcement Departments, Law Enforcement Officers, First Responders within the State of New York, or any New York State government entity or employee of such an entity — will no longer be served as customers.”

“In short, Olympic Arms will no longer be doing business with the State of New York or any governmental entity or employee of such governmental entity within the State of New York — henceforth and until such legislation is repealed, and an apology made to the good people of the State of New York and the American people.”
    Beyond that, NYC is being sued by just about every one who ether makes soda pop, or sells it.

I believe there are a couple other suits coming down on other aspects of dumb laws in NY.
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009