Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 State Farm Insurance Flees Illinois 
    Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    State Farm is keeping the move quiet so as not to alarm employees. But the Dallas Morning News reports that it is a “major business relocation” already underway and that this is “one of the biggest stories in the Dallas-area real estate market and will ultimately involve thousands of workers.”

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...re-in-Illinois

I wouldn't blame them. They know full well whats coming down the pike. Il. is bankrupt, raising fees, taxes and just about any thing else they can to raise funds.

This is a major blow to Il. as it employs 15,000 local employees at it's headquarters.
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

Why would anyone want to live or work in Illinois? Their roads are crappy, despite extremely high gas taxes. The property is expensive, sales taxes high, and the weather is cold. It gets mighty cold on the plains. Dallas, Tx would be a much better place to live and work. It would be like moving to paradise for the State Farm employees. I doubt if the State Farm employees would know how to act without all those state income taxes.

Maybe the libs will finally wake up if their major industries leave their states for more business friendly states.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

GO CARDS -THERE IS ALWAYS NEXT YEAR
    GO ROYALS NOW

Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    Maybe the libs will finally wake up if their major industries leave their states for more business friendly states.
    They would likely try imposing some kind of punishment tax on any company that leaves. Or a tariff on any non-liberal/union state.
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    They would likely try imposing some kind of punishment tax on any company that leaves. Or a tariff on any non-liberal/union state.
    Much as they might like to, there are a couple of serious Constitutional stoppers to that plan. But the more they talk about it, the better, because it sends a message to everyone productive - 'Get out while you still can.'

That is why the Berlin Wall and the East-West German border fence was built, you know...to keep the educated and productive from fleeing the dead-end Communist East for the productive and wealthy West.
    Last edited by DumbAss Tanker; 02-15-2013 at 06:14 PM.

You would think that. But all you have to do is look at Detroit for an example of the libs still not getting it.
    Liberals are proof that evolution is only a theory. Nothing that stupid could evolve past a monkey.

Like a good neighbor...

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Been a State Farm insured for well over 20 years, and won't change. But very few IL employees will move to TX, mostly due to the costs/inconvenience of relocating. That's IL's loss, and TX's gain in jobs and state/local tax revenues.

Suck it up IL, and continue in your death spiral.......but here comes another threat of a Federal bailout.

http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

Quote Originally Posted by marv View Post
    Been a State Farm insured for well over 20 years, and won't change. But very few IL employees will move to TX, mostly due to the costs/inconvenience of relocating. That's IL's loss, and TX's gain in jobs and state/local tax revenues.

Suck it up IL, and continue in your death spiral.......but here comes another threat of a Federal bailout.
    If State Farm moves from Bloomington, the employees had best think long and hard before they turn down the move. I'm sure the company would pay their move, plus the cost of living is lower in Texas. I doubt if there would be enough jobs in Bloomington Illinois for State Farm people out of work. They'd be better off in Texas, although I know first hand the consequences of living away from family.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

GO CARDS -THERE IS ALWAYS NEXT YEAR
    GO ROYALS NOW

If State Farm moves from Bloomington, the employees had best think long and hard before they turn down the move. I'm sure the company would pay their move, plus the cost of living is lower in Texas. I doubt if there would be enough jobs in Bloomington Illinois for State Farm people out of work. They'd be better off in Texas, although I know first hand the consequences of living away from family.
    The decision will be on an individual basis I think. The considerations will be; own vs. rent, how close to retirement, children in school, etc.

http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

Fabulous Poster
    Why would anyone want to live or work in Illinois? Their roads are crappy, despite extremely high gas taxes. The property is expensive, sales taxes high, and the weather is cold. It gets mighty cold on the plains. Dallas, Tx would be a much better place to live and work. It would be like moving to paradise for the State Farm employees. I doubt if the State Farm employees would know how to act without all those state income taxes.

My mother's activity was moved to Virginia many years ago. In the process they changed the office hours from relative normal business hours to ridiculously early in the morning. Why? Golf. Starting early (which for some meant work and for others meant coming in, going to the bathroom, eating breakfast and reading the paper before going to get his hair cut and pick up his drycleaning) meant closing early... in time to get some golf in before dark.