Thread: Now business must hire felons

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    there is some truth to what Nova say's. My problem is with them not serving enough of their sentence, a jury sentences them to 20 years and they serve two, if they served at least 10 years I would feel differently about them having had paid there debt to society.
    1. If they aren't fucking safe to be in society yet , don't let them out!
    2. If we have decided they are safe don't put every possible thing you can think of to block them from working and keep them from finding a place to live.

If we refuse to reintegrate them into society it should be no shock to anyone that they will prey upon and become a parasite on that society.

Death penalty where appropriate, sufficient sentencing, realistic parole boards who have actually seen progress in potential parolee's before they are released.

Like Ody said, lawyers need to be brought back under control.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

It is hard for a society to function when you have many different tiers and societal levels with rights available only to specific groups.
    In this country blacks have a specific set of rights as do, Native Americans, woman, gays, felons , white males etc.....

Maybe we just need to make it easier to sort out and tattoo dots on everyone's head denoting their specific privileges.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Aren't we really talking about the ability of someone convicted of a nonviolent crime being able to get a job on the loading dock?
    Non-violent or not. A criminal is still just that. A convicted felon is STILL a convicted felon regardless of whether he's wearing gang colors or a Brooks Brothers suit.

And both should have to pay the consequences for their actions.

Seriously, we complain about black men not working and this is a big reason why many black men can't find jobs. There is a race issue here.
    Typical Liberal bullshit. It's not the person who committed the crime's fault t's the racist system and the man just keeping a brother down. Never force people to take responsibility for their actions always blame it on some mythical evil force that's oppressing them.

No wonder Obama can get away with this shit so easily.

In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    Typical Liberal bullshit. It's not the person who committed the crime's fault t's the racist system and the man just keeping a brother down. Never force people to take responsibility for their actions always blame it on some mythical evil force that's oppressing them.

No wonder Obama can get away with this shit so easily.

I never said it wasn't the felon's fault he was convicted. Your response is simply you looking for a convenient way to ditch the issue, but the issue will not be ditched.

These people exist in large numbers. That is not liberal bullshit.
    Incarcerating people costs $30K compared to the $20K-$30 these people could earn if they had jobs on the outside. That is not liberal bullshit.
    Punishing these people for life on the outside is not what they were sentenced to for their crime. That is not liberal bullshit.

Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    I never said it wasn't the felon's fault he was convicted. Your response is simply you looking for a convenient way to ditch the issue, but the issue will not be ditched.
    No you started making excuses and trying to differentiate between types of convicts and lamenting about how "non violent" felons can't get jobs.

Here's a novel idea...DON'T COMMIT A CROME AND BECOME A CONVICT!

Then your job chances improve immensely.

These people exist in large numbers. That is not liberal bullshit.
    Incarcerating people costs $30K compared to the $20K-$30 these people could earn if they had jobs on the outside. That is not liberal bullshit.
    Punishing these people for life on the outside is not what they were sentenced to for their crime. That is not liberal bullshit.
    It's very much Liberal bullshit. It's what puts felons back on the streets when they should be locked up and lets them commit crimes again.

This whole "it's not their fault...we have to look at their history and their race and blah blah BLAH".

It's an excuse to not force someone who's committed a crime to side step responsibility for their actions.

There there Rico...it's not your fault you robbed that liquor store and shot the owner and his wife.

It's (insert Liberal bogeyman) that made you do it. You had no control over your actions.

Now if you promise not to do it again...we'll let you go with a slap on the wrist and probation.

Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.
    What ever dumbass.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Removing penalties for committing felonies just punishes those who are responsible with their lives. I deserve to be trusted more than someone convicted of the felony. Actions have consequences. When you try to make the world fair you just drag everyone down into equal misery rather than making everyone happy.

It's all about choice. The reason why there are so many black males in prison(or any males for that matter) is because they made a conscious decision to commit a crime. I think I can attest with a 100% certainty that I'm one of a few on these boards who knows what they're talking about when it comes to incarcerated people considering I'm around these a-holes 5 days a week 8 hours a day. Gang bangers get into the drug trade because it's lucrative. They tell me all the time how they would make upwards of 5 grand a week selling drugs. They made a choice to break the law and when they get out, they're still going to sell drugs. Again, a choice.
    "Inequality is a false notion propagated by those who are made to feel guilty for what they have by those who are jealous for what they don't"-Former MTV Host Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    Removing penalties for committing felonies just punishes those who are responsible with their lives. I deserve to be trusted more than someone convicted of the felony. Actions have consequences. When you try to make the world fair you just drag everyone down into equal misery rather than making everyone happy.
    Well said. However, convicted felons are a significant source of potential votes for Democrats, so they have to do all that they can for them.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

9. #29 The perfect solution... 
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    God only knows what else this country will have to endure. Now the EEOC is saying that businesses must hire felons, as there is a higher proportion of blacks in prison. Hence when they get out, they won't have a chance to get a job. Soooo, they will be subject to all sorts of penalties if felons aren't hired. I guess if the job applicant is a law-abiding qualified white they won't have a chance because they're not black nor are they a felon. This is getting infuriating.

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/eeo...o_code=12791-1

Like SR said, let them guard the Preezy, maybe join the Secret Service. With the call girl troubles that the SS has had lately the felons would probably fit right in. Perks could include free choom and babes. It's a brave new world isn't it?
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.