1. #1 Osprey the ultimate fisher 
    This is truly incredible video. I can't believe this Osprey got 5-6 fish at a time, then got a flounder under 3' of water, and then made off with what looks to be a 5+ lb. steelhead.

I've never seen a bird shake water off like a dog does - wouldn't want to get in the way of him when he's got his eyes locked and his talons in the "load" position!

There are 3 sequences in this one video:

1st sequence he catches half a dozen fish in one strike.
    2nd sequence he plunges talons into deep water right to the bottom to grab his prey.
    3rd sequence he captures a big old fat fish that looks as if it weighs more than he does!

http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

MAN! That's a fishin' sumbitch!

Got those claws armed and extended out front, and caught the flounder napping. Great video!

Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
    MAN! That's a fishin' sumbitch!

Got those claws armed and extended out front, and caught the flounder napping. Great video!
    They're awesome birds. Often when we're working at Mote Marine, by the dolphin lagoon, we'll see quite a few of them catching the wind currents. They're swooping around, looking for fish. The bay is right there, along with a seafood restaurant, the Old Salty Dog. I can't tell you how wonderful it is on a beautiful day, watching those birds, looking out at the bay, and seeing Moonshine, "our" pantropical spotted dolphin. It's paradise.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    They're awesome birds. Often when we're working at Mote Marine, by the dolphin lagoon, we'll see quite a few of them catching the wind currents. They're swooping around, looking for fish. The bay is right there, along with a seafood restaurant, the Old Salty Dog. I can't tell you how wonderful it is on a beautiful day, watching those birds, looking out at the bay, and seeing Moonshine, "our" pantropical spotted dolphin. It's paradise.
    Sounds like a spot where you can forget that Obama is President, at least for a while.....

5. #5 Really good video... 
    Thank you for sharing it. I always thought that eagles and hawks were the main birds of prey but the Osprey is very formidable as the video shows. Out here we have a large populationof red tailed hawks and they too are something to behold.
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim54 View Post
    Thank you for sharing it. I always thought that eagles and hawks were the main birds of prey but the Osprey is very formidable as the video shows. Out here we have a large populationof red tailed hawks and they too are something to behold.

We have the redtails and a nesting pair of bald eagles near us. There was a red tail right outside our window Friday, it had nailed a lizard as a snack.
    May the FORCE be with you!