Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Is Israel the New Czechoslavakia? 
    I was going to say Poland, but that would imply that they would have allies in the west that would go to war if they were invaded, which seems unlikely.

In 1938 Czechoslavakia was completely sold out by Britain and France in Munich to the Nazis when they were forced to give up their fortified border regions to the Third Reich, which would be required for any serious defense of their nation from a German invasion. In the end Czechoslavakia was invaded anyway, with the Bohemian region being more or less annexed and the Slavak region being divided between a Slavak puppet and Hungary.

Could history be repeating itself? Is Israel being set up for failure?

Not really a good analogy, Czechoslovakia was a victim of being sold out by one alliance of great powers to appease another great power. There's only one great power with an interest in Israel and at the executive leadership level that one seems basically indifferent to the outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by ComplexConservative View Post
    I was going to say Poland, but that would imply that they would have allies in the west that would go to war if they were invaded, which seems unlikely.

In 1938 Czechoslavakia was completely sold out by Britain and France in Munich to the Nazis when they were forced to give up their fortified border regions to the Third Reich, which would be required for any serious defense of their nation from a German invasion. In the end Czechoslavakia was invaded anyway, with the Bohemian region being more or less annexed and the Slavak region being divided between a Slavak puppet and Hungary.

Could history be repeating itself? Is Israel being set up for failure?
    Quote Originally Posted by DumbAss Tanker View Post
    Not really a good analogy, Czechoslovakia was a victim of being sold out by one alliance of great powers to appease another great power. There's only one great power with an interest in Israel and at the executive leadership level that one seems basically indifferent to the outcome.
    I wouldn't say that the administration is indifferent to the outcome, so much as openly hostile to the Israelis.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    I wouldn't say that the administration is indifferent to the outcome, so much as openly hostile to the Israelis.
    Honestly, I can't figure out what their position on Israel is. Since they haven't actually proposed sanctions on Israel, unlike everyone else they can't figure out any positive policy toward, I'll have to go with 'Spasmodically neutral' at this point.

Honestly, I can't figure out what their position on Israel is. Since they haven't actually proposed sanctions on Israel, unlike everyone else they can't figure out any positive policy toward, I'll have to go with 'Spasmodically neutral' at this point.
    If we go by their actions, then the Obama administration has enabled Muslim Brotherhood takeovers in Egypt, Tunisia, Libya and Syria, gutted missile defenses for our allies in Europe while avoiding any actions which might prevent Iran from acquiring nukes and has undermined the Israelis at every opportunity. His current/proposed national security team includes a former senator who has repeatedly accused US troops of atrocities, a CIA official who doesn't think that jihad is a military concept and another former senator who thinks that Jews conspire to undermine America, while he takes money from groups with names like Friends of Hamas. I think that Dinesh D'Souza has it right, in that Obama's core philosophy is derived from a theory of colonialism, and he sees the Middle East conflict as a fight between indigenous people and European colonial powers, and he sees Israel as a European colony that must be reigned in, and whose very existence is subject to question.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

6. #6 Is Israel the New Czechoslavakia? 
    Considering the enemies currently assembled around them...Israel is more like the Texans inside the Alamo looking out at Santa Ana's army...waiting to hear El Deguello sound on a trumpet.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    Considering the enemies currently assembled around them...Israel is more like the Texans inside the Alamo looking out at Santa Ana's army...waiting to hear El Deguello sound on a trumpet.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    Of course, this time the Texicans have nuclear weapons and the only first-class air force in the region...

Of course, this time the Texicans have nuclear weapons and the only first-class air force in the region...

Good point
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

I'd not say that it's a perfect analogy... yet. It's yet to reach a climax of a Munich Conference analog. I would say Israel is a mix of Czechoslavakia and Poland.
    RINO=>Neo-Con=>FDR Dem=>Old Leftist=>Progressive<=New Leftist
    Liberals are not stupid, they are deluded. Liberals must've had done something intelligent to get themselve ingrained into our society.
    I do not hate Liberals, I pitty them.

Quote Originally Posted by ComplexConservative View Post
    I'd not say that it's a perfect analogy... yet. It's yet to reach a climax of a Munich Conference analog. I would say Israel is a mix of Czechoslavakia and Poland.
    Ummm...no not really.