1. #1 Bill Maher: George Zimmerman's brother interviewed 
    Power CUer
    Usually Bill Maher is a pinhead (I'm being nice here) but he did have George Zimmerman's brother on. I thought Zimmerman did a good job in the belly of the beast. You decide:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yoN4FF607M

I saw it. It was a good interview, it put a human face on George. The interview was done in front of an audience who probably needed to hear that side of the case.

Maher was not a jerk to Zimmerman's brother, and there was a good discussion about how we define race in this country.

Power CUer
    I actually agree with you. I thought Maher was uncharacteristically fair here. The audience also listened politely. Robert Zimmerman is an excellent spokesman.

I hate it when someone is tried and convicted in the media before he even comes to trial. I also think that even if George is guilty of manslaughter in this matter, his demeanor at his arraignment indicates a man who has remorse for what happened.

Most of all, though, I hate the fact that people have made death threats toward him and that the Revs Al and Jesse got involved.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post

Maher was not a jerk to Zimmerman's brother, and there was a good discussion about how we define race in this country.
    That's easy: If you're of mixed race(white/black or Hispanic/white) and you're not in line with liberal beliefs, then you're white. But if you're a flaming leftist, then you're whatever ethnic part of you is. For example, George Zimmerman, even though his facial features and skin tone are decidedly Hispanic or Latino, because he's 50% Caucasian, he's considered white because he is on the wrong end of the case celeb. However, Barack Obama, who's mother is white and was raised by his white grandparents(including his typical white person grandmother), his white half is never brought up even though he's just as white as George Zimmerman. Don't see shirts like this for Obama:

The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Senior Member Unreconstructed Reb's Avatar
    I hate it when someone is tried and convicted in the media before he even comes to trial. I also think that even if George is guilty of manslaughter in this matter, his demeanor at his arraignment indicates a man who has remorse for what happened.

Most of all, though, I hate the fact that people have made death threats toward him and that the Revs Al and Jesse got involved.
    Don't forget your beloved messiahs involvement: "If I had a son, he would look like Trayvon,"---BroncoBama
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that you won't need it until they try to take it away."---Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by Unreconstructed Reb View Post
    Don't forget your beloved messiahs involvement: "If I had a son, he would look like Trayvon,"---BroncoBama

My messiah is Jesus of Nazareth.

I don't have a problem with Obama's comment. Whatever happened that night, it's still a tragedy that a kid died, whether there is criminal culpability on Zimmerman's part or not.

Senior Member Unreconstructed Reb's Avatar

I don't have a problem with Obama's comment.
    Of course not. After all, how could The One ever be wrong!
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that you won't need it until they try to take it away."---Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ