Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    The writing is too obvious. You could tell when he said that they had done their job and produced an heir, the father finally admitted that the SIL's more modern ways were saving their way of life and that the young couple kept talking about how wonderful things are, that it was going to hit.

Now we'll have to wait til next season to see if Mary marries again, the fate of the spinster/about to be mistress sister and whether the ex-chauffeur/BIL will end up with either of the sisters. Does this sound like a high class soap opera?
    While I was glad to see the whiny Matthew leave the show, I was disappointed in the cliché ending. Seriously, my mother was letting the dog out and I called to her, "Oh Jeeze, Matthew's driving a car, they're going to kill him." and I didn't know that he had announced he was leaving the show.

And what is up with a "season" starting in January and ending in February. What kind of soap opera is this?

So here are my predictions:

Branson ends up with Lady Mary. The two of them have lost the loves of their lives. Barf.....

Edith scandalizes York with her relationship with the editor and goes to live in London.

O'Brien goes to Bombay with the Marchioness of Flintshire.

Thomas and Jimmy actually become a couple, but Jimmy is cheating on him with Branson.

Anna and Bates actually become a wad of chewing gum.

Shrimpy's daughter annoys us all so much that we simply stop watching.

Julien Fellowes splices series one with Brideshead Revisited to make a Christmas special... and no one notices.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Shrimpy's daughter annoys us all so much that we simply stop watching.

Julien Fellowes splices series one with Brideshead Revisited to make a Christmas special... and no one notices.
    Rose is very annoying, I agree.
    There is already a Brideshead "splice" with Downton - the actress who plays Rose's mother (Shrimpy's estranged wife) was Cordelia Flyte, Sebastian's sister, in the Jeremy Irons "Brideshead" 30 years ago.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    Rose is very annoying, I agree.
    There is already a Brideshead "splice" with Downton - the actress who plays Rose's mother (Shrimpy's estranged wife) was Cordelia Flyte, Sebastian's sister, in the Jeremy Irons "Brideshead" 30 years ago.
    it's been 30 years? thanks a lot Linda!

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    it's been 30 years? thanks a lot Linda!
    Yes. And in other news, Yoko Ono turned 80 the other day. The aging process is hitting warp speed for all of us.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Yes. And in other news, Yoko Ono turned 80 the other day. The aging process is hitting warp speed for all of us.
    That was a serious non-sequitur, unless a future episode of Downton Abbey will involve the breakup of the family because one of them is dating Yoko.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    That was a serious non-sequitur, unless a future episode of Downton Abbey will involve the breakup of the family because one of them is dating Yoko.
    No, I was responding to Nova's dismay at how long ago "Brideshead" was. Yoko's age is just another indication of how time has passed. Although you certainly posit an interesting potential for plot development.
    Someone suggested that PBS use Downton mortality as a fundraiser. "Pledge, or another Downton character gets it!"

7. #17 Re: Five questions for 'Downton Abbey' finale 
    No, I was responding to Nova's dismay at how long ago "Brideshead" was. Yoko's age is just another indication of how time has passed. Although you certainly posit an interesting potential for plot development.
    Someone suggested that PBS use Downton mortality as a fundraiser. "Pledge, or another Downton character gets it!"
    Better yet, raffle off a character. "If you pledge more than $100, 000., we will kill off the character of your choice. If you pledge more than $1,000, 000 we will also kill the actor who portrays that character, and for $2,000,000, you can pull the trigger yourself.":D

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    --Odysseus

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

You mean the Dowager Countess (Maggie Smith) dating her?
    American By Choice ~ 1980

Better yet, raffle off a character. "If you pledge more than $100, 000., we will kill off the character of your choice. If you pledge more than $1,000, 000 we will also kill the actor who portrays that character, and for $2,000,000, you can pull the trigger yourself.":D

I'll take number 3 for 2 million please, Alex ... I mean Ody!
    American By Choice ~ 1980

10. #20 Re: Five questions for 'Downton Abbey' finale 
    Quote Originally Posted by ABC in Georgia View Post
    You mean the Dowager Countess (Maggie Smith) dating her?
    That would be wrong on so many ways. ..
    Quote Originally Posted by ABC in Georgia View Post
    I'll take number 3 for 2 million please, Alex ... I mean Ody!
    Ah, but which actor would uou target?

--Odysseus