Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Someone mentioned not knowing Dr Ben Carson's position on gun control.

When asked by Glenn Beck if people should be allowed to own semi-automatic weapons, Dr. Benjamin Carson said: "It depends on where you live. I think if you live in the midst of a lot of people, and I’m afraid that that semi-automatic weapon is going to fall into the hands of a crazy person, I would rather you not have it."

Dr. Carson added that if you live “out in the country somewhere by yourself” and want to own a semi-automatic weapon, “I’ve no problem with that.”(Glenn Beck Show, March 1, 2013)

So basically, it's what he said - It depends on where you live.
    The poster formerly known as chuck58 on the old board.

What gets me upset is Hannity having Rove on so much. I used to enjoy watching Hannity, but tend to avoid his program more. Dennis Miller on O'Reilly is great---and O'Reilly is more tolerable since he seems to be veering away from his sucking up to Obama. I guess he finally saw the light.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

GO CARDS -THERE IS ALWAYS NEXT YEAR
    GO ROYALS NOW

Sonnabend
    Rove is desperately trying to keep the limelight. His day is over, and as his recent jibes at the Tea Party, and his allegiance to the failed Republicans show, wont help him in the long run. His career is dead, what we are seeing is a last ditch attempt to keep it on life support.

4. #34 TRUMP, LEVIN RIGHT ABOUT ROVE 
    Rove is part of the problem.
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

5. #35 TRUMP, LEVIN RIGHT ABOUT ROVE 
    SLW, Hannity, O'Reilly, Limbaugh, et al, are all whores. They are on the right side for the most part, but their own popularity and the paycheck it brings is more important to them than anything, and everything they do is geared to promote that popularity. As such, they tend to get behind whomever they perceive to be winning the day. They will change allegiance if the facts on the ground change. For example, Hannity currently is doing a careful dance between being "supportive" of the Tea Party and being chummy with the old guard (e.g. Rove, McCain, Graham, et al). He will wait to see who seems to be prevailing before choosing sides. Most of the others I mentioned do much the same.

The only exception that I am familiar with is Mark Levin. He marches to his own drummer and is highly principled, IMHO. He has no problem vilifying the dead wood in the GOP and calling them on their failure to uphold conservative values. I am sure there are others out there, but I think the big three are just in business.
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

6. #36 TRUMP, LEVIN RIGHT ABOUT ROVE 
    With the exception of Rush you're correct abot some of the hosts just being in it as a business

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

7. #37 TRUMP, LEVIN RIGHT ABOUT ROVE 
    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    With the exception of Rush you're correct abot some of the hosts just being in it as a business

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    Please. Rush invented the business.

Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    Please. Rush invented the business.
    No...not really. It was around long before him. He's just the one that saved if from the likes of Larry King Sally Jessee Raphael Dr. Toni Grant and Dr. Dean Edell.

His was one of the first programs that brought it to the daytime and didn't relegate talk radio to latenight AM crap that you only listened to to keep you awake on a long drive.

And in reality...the first person to do the kind of talk that Rush et al are doing was Bob Grant.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    SLW, Hannity, O'Reilly, Limbaugh, et al, are all whores. They are on the right side for the most part, but their own popularity and the paycheck it brings is more important to them than anything, and everything they do is geared to promote that popularity. As such, they tend to get behind whomever they perceive to be winning the day. They will change allegiance if the facts on the ground change. For example, Hannity currently is doing a careful dance between being "supportive" of the Tea Party and being chummy with the old guard (e.g. Rove, McCain, Graham, et al). He will wait to see who seems to be prevailing before choosing sides. Most of the others I mentioned do much the same.

The only exception that I am familiar with is Mark Levin. He marches to his own drummer and is highly principled, IMHO. He has no problem vilifying the dead wood in the GOP and calling them on their failure to uphold conservative values. I am sure there are others out there, but I think the big three are just in business.
    You don't get O'Reilly then. He may have conservative leanings but he is critical of Republicans often. He's certainly no echo chamber. Also, if you want a good, young conservative radio guy, Andrew Wilkow is great. He's the reason I have sirius.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Andrew Wilkow is great. He's the reason I have sirius.
    The guy is awesome.