Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #11 Well... 
    Quote Originally Posted by enslaved1 View Post
    I've been too busy getting ready for this to get the word out. The company that runs the prison I work for has several other prisons in Texas, decisions were made here that there are too many issues in this little Arizona town, our family and friends are still in the Midwest, applications were sent in, and one was finally approved. Monday morning is the first day, I'll be on the road this weekend.

Admittedly, the CO job is just to get me down there. The Dallas/Ft. Worth area has stacks of IT jobs listed, a few conversations with some agencies indicate I've got a pretty good shot at getting one of them once I have a TX address. The wife and kids are are going to finish out the school year here in AZ, by which time I should have one of those better paying, more intellectually stimulating jobs. Taking a pay cut for the move, which is really going to suck, but the long term benefits should be well worth it.

Just stay out of south/sotheast Dallas and you'll do fine.
    "Asakatsu Magatsu"

True victory is victory over oneself.

~ Morihei Ueshiba O-Sensei ~

Welcome!!!
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.

Good Luck! I liked the Dallas area a lot when I visited years ago. Nicer people and the most courteous drivers I've ever experienced. The homes are nice too and super inexpensive, so you get a lot for your money. I came close to buying an investment home in Preston Hollow, in North Dallas (where GWB now lives), but after I visited North Georgia, I decided to buy there instead.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Very nice! Best of luck on the move and hope it all goes smooth!
    May the FORCE be with you!