Thread: I don't feel proud of our behemoth military might

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 I don't feel proud of our behemoth military might 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Hmmmm...now a "I hate the military" thread.

Tue Feb 19, 2013, 08:11 PM
    quinnox

I don't feel proud of our behemoth military might

Sorry, I must be a bad American. I don't feel a surge of pride when I see our big bad aircraft carriers sailing manfully around or our sleek attack jets or helicopters raining destruction down on the "evil-doers". I once was like that, an English guy was visiting and I said that we (the United States) can kick any countries ass if we want to, and that is one reason my country was so great. I was in my early 20s, young and dumb. Now I have changed and I see it totally differently.

I see our gigantic, ridiculous military power as an embarrassment, not a strength. All that money was wasted and could have gone to much better things and areas, oh say like, human welfare or social areas or scientific research or medical research or energy technology research etc etc etc. Yet it never stops, the military machine marches on, what a kick-ass country we live in!
    And of course, use the $$$ on "social" areas. We need more Unicorns farting rainbows!!!
    May the FORCE be with you!

DoD accounts for 4% of the GDP. Or 18% of the yearly Federal budget.

Entitlements (welfare) is 15-16% of the GDP and over 50% of the yearly Federal budget.

Now...exactly WHO is getting robbed?

GFYS with a wire brush you lazy spoiled assclown.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

I believe that a lot of medical and energy research that benefitted civilian society has been done by the military.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

4. #4 Just another jack-off running his head... 
    Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Hmmmm...now a "I hate the military" thread.

And of course, use the $$$ on "social" areas. We need more Unicorns farting rainbows!!!

Trying to pump up his "progressive" creds. No offense intended to any Jacks out there.
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

"Sorry, I must be a bad American."

Yes. Yes you are.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Ody, Tex..and you other vets; How many countries have the United States armed forces aided after a disaster, natural or man caused...? How many hot spots have they cooled just by their being in the area?
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

US military aircraft are just plain cool. When they do a flyover of a stadium, like they do on opening day for the Tigers here, it's just an awesome sight. It is also one of the most concrete ways to see at least one cool thing that our tax dollars help create.

Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    Ody, Tex..and you other vets; How many countries have the United States armed forces aided after a disaster, natural or man caused...? How many hot spots have they cooled just by their being in the area?
    Hmmm... Well, if you consider Nazism a distaster, then pretty much everything that we did after WWII would count. But, in terms of natural disasters, we've been the primary aid-giver in pretty much every one over the last six decades, unless the recipients were unwilling to accept the aid. Whenever US aid goes into a chaotic region, it usually comes in the form of an Aircraft Carrier group, which has the full complement of personnel needed to restore critical services and provide security. And, it almost never does us any good, except for making us feel better about our place in the world. In 2000, for example, we delivered $100 million in emergency food aid to Afghanistan, and they responded with 9/11 and refused to give up Bin Laden.
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    US military aircraft are just plain cool. When they do a flyover of a stadium, like they do on opening day for the Tigers here, it's just an awesome sight. It is also one of the most concrete ways to see at least one cool thing that our tax dollars help create.
    Oh, c'mon. You see all sorts of cool things that our tax dollars help create, just walking through your office. Where would unemployable sociopaths be without food stamps and welfare?
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

The Moonbats are just embracing their new philosophy.

Peace through weakness.

Of course this the same happy bunch that thinks if you take away firearms from citizens, that it will make them safe from criminals.

When they come up with a bad idea, its always someone else's fault when it fails.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

10. #10 You nailed it! 
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan D. Doty View Post
    The Moonbats are just embracing their new philosophy.

Peace through weakness.

Of course this the same happy bunch that thinks if you take away firearms from citizens, that it will make them safe from criminals.

When they come up with a bad idea, its always someone else's fault when it fails.

YOUR failed execution of THEIR brilliant central plan! To the Gulag with you!
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.