1. #1 What is your opinion of Donald Rumsfeld? 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Well,well! Another BDS thread, this time featuring Rummy!!!

Mon Feb 18, 2013, 01:21 PM
    quinnox

What is your opinion of Donald Rumsfeld?

I'm doing a thread series of asking for your opinions regarding this group. Next up is Donald Rumsfeld, who served as Secretary of Defense under the Bush administration. What do you think about him? This is a wide open question. For instance, you can talk about his influence or his stature in the Bush administration. Or compare and contrast him with other group members. Or post about his personal qualities. Whatever you please. Thank you.
    Why the sudden interest...again???
    May the FORCE be with you!

I'm not going over there, I have a tear in my hazmat suit! Buuuut this has to be about how much better Hagel will be than Rummy was! They should be slobberin all over themselves!

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

3. #3 Re: What is your opinion of Donald Rumsfeld? 
    Patton would have been better.

Sent from my Dell Streak 7 using Tapatalk 2
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Patton would have been better.

Sent from my Dell Streak 7 using Tapatalk 2
    Hell's bells ...

Even the late George C. Scott would have been better than Hagel!
    American By Choice ~ 1980

Hagel is an incompetent who has been demonstrably wrong on every defense policy position he's taken in this century, serving honorably in a war 50 years ago does not mean you know Jack Shit about anything today, though your PAST service should not be denigrated.

Rummie was much more capable and knowledgeable but certainly didn't lack for flaws himself. He was an arrogant prick who instilled a DOD culture that anyone who told him 'No' was at fault regardless of legal limits or practical problems. He also never met an aerospace procurement proposal he didn't like, in a Goering-like way vastly overestimated the capabilities of those same systems to the disadvantage of everything else to include battlefield results, and really didn't understand a damned thing about ground combat operations. However, he also had an endearing way of bitchslapping the obstructionist Dems and MSM when they started messing with him.

Well said, DAT!

Rummy gave hilarious press conferences after 9-11. I might not agree with him about many things, except the stupidity of the average reporter. They would ask him questions that even an average citizen like me knew he couldn't answer because of the obvious national security implications, and he would say "You know I can't answer that" to them like they were the dumbest critters on earth.

I know conservatives and liberals usually hate the media for different reasons most of the time, but this time....