Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 BREAKING Injuries reported in Kansas City Business dstrict 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    ParrotLady strikes!!!

Tue Feb 19, 2013, 07:59 PM
    nadinbrzezinski

BREAKING Injuries reported in Kansas City Business dstrict

Last edited Tue Feb 19, 2013, 08:02 PM USA/ET - Edit history (2)
    Due to "massive gas explosion."

Link in a sec,,,per msnbc

Here...

http://www.necn.com/02/19/13/Gas-lin...3&feedID=11106

My comment...infrastructure...that is all.
    nadin, Building Expert!!!

She gets into a fight and deletes most of her stuff. I'm sure she then used the Ignore...
    May the FORCE be with you!

I saw the report on FOX. The report said that someone drove into a gas pump. That would be the gas station at the other end of the block from the drug store where I jerked sodas while in high school.

The last time I was in KC (around the turn of the century) the drug store had been converted into a restaurant.

http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

REP (17,880 posts)

17. KC is a big city - phones don't go down when it rains, like they do in California!

KCMO is bigger than San Jose with much better infrastructure.
    Wait, phones go down here in San Jose when it rains? News to me as I was using my phone all day long and it was raining like crazy today.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Quote Originally Posted by Zathras View Post
    Wait, phones go down here in San Jose when it rains? News to me as I was using my phone all day long and it was raining like crazy today.
    My phones in San Diego don't go down either. It's a puzzle!

It appears that they got most, if not all, of the people out before the explosion. On the morning news, they were saying that there was still one person who hadn't been accounted for.

When The Roman Empire was in its last stages of decline, it too thought that if you built more roads and bridges, that would save from falling.

So history repeats itself.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

Here's the deal.......the gas utility was working on the mains in Country Club Plaza last night in front of JJ's restaurant, about 5:15 PM, when a worker struck the main with a machine of some sort causing a huge explosion......JJ's is completely gone, and adjacent buildings were severely damaged. 19 injured (one critical, one serious), and one female restaurant worker is missing.....

Emergency workers are scrambling to clear the JJ's site so that the remains can be recovered before a huge winter storm is supposed to hit here tonight, dumping about 15 inches of snow.

The latest as of the 11:00 AM CST local news.....

doc

Quote Originally Posted by TVDOC View Post
    Here's the deal.......the gas utility was working on the mains in Country Club Plaza last night in front of JJ's restaurant, about 5:15 PM, when a worker struck the main with a machine of some sort causing a huge explosion......JJ's is completely gone, and adjacent buildings were severely damaged. 19 injured (one critical, one serious), and one female restaurant worker is missing.....

Emergency workers are scrambling to clear the JJ's site so that the remains can be recovered before a huge winter storm is supposed to hit here tonight, dumping about 15 inches of snow.

The latest as of the 11:00 AM CST local news.....

doc
    ...and so Nadin jumps to conclusions and lands in a pile.... SURPRISE!

One has to wonder; With her VAST knowlege of everything, how can Nadin be so wrong, all the time????
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

The Plaza was built in the mid 1920s by a local developer. J. C. Nichols. It's a beautiful Spanish style shopping center, the first such in the nation.

It's not surprising that something like this could happen. I'm sure that there's a lot under the pavement that's still unknown and/or unmapped.

http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

Update.....

KANSAS CITY, Mo. Search crews at the site of a massive explosion that destroyed a popular Kansas City, Mo., restaurant have found the remains of one person, the city's mayor said Wednesday morning.

Mayor Sly James declined to say whether the person was a man or a woman.

Authorities have been looking for a woman who worked at JJ's restaurant, was seen there before the Tuesday evening blast and was reported missing afterward. They previously said she was the only person still unaccounted for following the explosion and fire.

But James said at a news conference that authorities can't be "100 percent sure that we can account for every single person that may have been at JJ's when the explosion occurred."

Crews have been searching the site feverishly ahead of a major winter storm bearing down on the city. James said 19 people were injured in the blast. Six were still hospitalized Wednesday morning.

The blast occurred after a construction crew apparently struck a natural gas line. The explosion was felt for nearly a mile around the restaurant, shattering glass in nearby buildings and sending an ominous smoke plume above the city's prized outdoor shopping district.

Witnesses told Fox4KC.com that the explosion was like an earthquake, as reports of blown-out windows and minor damage inside apartments near the blast filtered in.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/02/20...#ixzz2LSrgCpNk
    doc