Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Hi, Frank. I was very sorry to read about your cat. I know you had a special relationship with that one. :(
    It was pretty bad; I had no idea this sort of thing would waste one so much.

I think what made it hard was spending 20 days watching Floyd wither away. If he had simply run away and forever evaporated, or been hit by a motor vehicle or predator (instant death), I probably would have handled it better.

Twenty days can be an eternity, one fraught with worry, panic, fear.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Hey hey hey now, careful there this is a family orientated Board. :eek:

:p
    Yes, of course, no overt alcoholic beverages or copulation.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Frank View Post
    Probably because I've only been here to use the spellchecker, sir.
    Subtle,very subtle sir !

What is this "friends" thing that's clogging up the "mail box"?

Are there any benefits to it, or is it really only something like the "stars" my fellow alum Skins gives out?

Welcome Frank. I hope that you will treat CU to further stories of the Sandhills. Your unique view of life is a welcome contrast to the posting of some.

Hey sweetie, how ya holdin up?? Was so sorry to hear about Floyd:(
    Say what ya mean and get to the point quick....I don't have the attention span to listen to bullshit...

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    Welcome Frank. I hope that you will treat CU to further stories of the Sandhills. Your unique view of life is a welcome contrast to the posting of some.
    Well, I got a copy of the "rough draft" analysis of William Rivers Pitt, er, the William Rivers Pitt, last week.

It's all a bunch of Greek to me, but it appears there were significant changes in what people fed pigs after 1945. From 1875 until 1945, the diet was reasonably consistent, after which it became more varied.

Or, has been conjectured, once swine excrement reaches a certain age, it makes no difference whether it's 75 years old or 150 years old, being essentially the same thing.

The William Rivers Pitt is layered, and about half of the way down there appears to be much dirt and silt.....probably traceable to North Dakota, as this is stuff from the 1930s.

About 6-10 feet into the William Rivers Pitt is of course the remains of the barn that burned down in 1950; the growth of the William Rivers Pitt since then has been natural, wind bringing in new dirt and settling it there. The William Rivers Pitt is apparently an always growing phenomenon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ree View Post
    Hey sweetie, how ya holdin up?? Was so sorry to hear about Floyd:(
    I'm holding up as good as I can, neighbor.

I'll snap out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Frank View Post
    Yes, of course, no overt alcoholic beverages or copulation.
    Well if you want to add that to your repertoire of stories knock yourself out Frankie ;) Red heads even .
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Well if you want to add that to your repertoire of stories knock yourself out Frankie ;) Red heads even .
    Well now, remember, sir, I don't dislike red-headed women.

As for repertoire of "stories," I dunno. I'm always stymied by the "character limit," and it for example took me forever to write about the newspaper editor and the party because it had to be done in segments. I'm beginning to wonder if freerepublic, which appears to have no "character limit," might not be a better venue.

It's not my fault the stories are so long; it's just something that happens.