Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1 A few more brain twisters for ya! 
    HR Corporate Scum patriot45's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Plant City, Florida
    Posts
    10,903
    I'm Bad, I only got two correct! I shoulda thought a little harder!

    Ok time to hurt your brains!

    1. RAPID AGING

    The day before yesterday, Johnny was 9 years old. Next year he'll be 12. How is this possible?

    2. TIME AFTER TIME

    After a power surge disrupted all the electronic devices in Brian's house, he had to go over to Amy's to find out what time it is. After she told him, Brian walked home and set all of his clocks. Even though Brian didn't know how long it had taken him to get home, he was able to set his clocks to exactly the right time. How?

    3. A BAD FLIGHT PLAN

    Uncle John was about to leave on a morning flight to the World Toilet Summit when he realized he left his Bathroom readers at the BRI office. He rushed back to get them, but the night watchman said, "Do not get on that plane! I had a dream last night that it's gonna crash!" Not wanting to tempt fate, Uncle John followed the watchman's advice. Sure enough, the plane crashed. That evening, Uncle John thanked the man for saving his life, then fired him. Why?

    4. STORMY WEATHER

    Five men were leaving church together when it started to rain. The four who ran got wet; the fifth, who didn't move, stayed dry. How?

    5. A CLOWN-UNDRUM

    Plungy the Clown had just earned three gold bricks after working a kid's party. While walking home, he came to an old foot bridge. The sign said, "Weight Capacity: 150 pounds." Plungy weighs 148 pounds, the three bricks weigh one pound each. How did Plungy make it across safely in one trip with all of his gold?

    6. PUZZLING BUS TRIP

    A bus full of people is traveling over a bridge on its way to Las vegas. No one gets on or off, but when the bus reaches the other side, there's not a single person on the bus. How can this be possible?

    7. COUNT DUCKULA

    Julia and Viola were comparing their rubber ducky collections. Julia said, "If you give me one of your ducks, I will have double of what you have remaining."

    Viola replied, "Oh yeah? Well, if you give me one of your ducks, then we'll both have the same amount."

    How many ducks does each girl have?

    8. MARITIME QUERY

    Gordon sailed his sailboat, the Uncle John, across the Pacific Ocean. When he reached the coast, he asked me, "Which part of my boat traveled the longest distance?"

    9. BRIGHT THINKING

    One day, Thom found himself trapped in a room with two doors. Behind the first door was a room made of thick glass that would magnify the Sun's heat to fry whoever went in. Behind the second door was a fire-breathing dragon that would do the same. How did Thom escape unscathed?

    10. RELATIVITY

    Some people are riding in a car. They consist of a mother, father, brother, sister, son, daughter, niece, nephew, aunt, uncle, and two cousins. What is the minimum number of people that can be in the car?

    11. AND THEY'RE OFF!

    Malcolm and Jahnna competed in a strange horse race. Whoever's horse reached the finish line last is the winner. After we waited four hours for them to go a few feet, Uncle John walked out, called them off their horses, and told them something. Immediately, Malcolm and Jahnna jumped up on the horses and rode them as fast as they could to the finish line. Uncle John swears he didn't call off the race or change the rules, so what did he tell them?

    : “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    Senior Member Madisonian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Peoples Democratic Socialist Republic of Michiganistanovia
    Posts
    2,417
    1) Johnny is a race horse.
    2) He looked at his cell phone.
    3) He was sleeping on the job.
    4) Man #5 was in a coffin.
    5) The clown is also a juggler.
    6) They were all married.
    10) 2
    11) The prize was having sex with the horse.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    HR Corporate Scum patriot45's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Plant City, Florida
    Posts
    10,903
    Quote Originally Posted by Madisonian View Post
    1) Johnny is a race horse.
    2) He looked at his cell phone.
    3) He was sleeping on the job.
    4) Man #5 was in a coffin.
    5) The clown is also a juggler.
    6) They were all married.
    10) 2
    11) The prize was having sex with the horse.
    4 correct! You doubled me!! Boy you're shmart!

    : “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    CU Royalty JB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    8,025
    7) One has seven ducks, the other five. Chicks won't get this one because maf is hard.

    They were all married is correct and the thing about having the horse sex sounds legit. Especially if it was a race in Saudi or some such place.
    Be Not Afraid.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Power CUer NJCardFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    16,065
    #1-Johnny is not a racehorse. He was born on 12/31 and today is new years day. Day before yesterday was 12/30 the previous year, he was 9. Yesterday he turned 10. Since today is new years day, at the end of this year he'll turn 11 and the next year he'll turn 12.

    #5-Pudgy put one gold brick down, carried the 2 across the bridge, put them down, and went back for the 3rd.

    #7-Julia has 7 and Viola has 5(Julia takes 1 and now has 8 and Julia has 4. Give Viola 1 and they both have 6 a piece)

    #8-The stern but something tells me that is wrong.

    #9-Wait until it gets dark and go out the door with the magnifying glass.

    #11-After getting off the horses, the uncle told them that the strategy could be that they can jump on each other's horses and race to the finish. The key to the race was that the horse itself had to finish last, not the rider.

    Only ones I can figure out so far.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    HR Corporate Scum patriot45's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Plant City, Florida
    Posts
    10,903
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    7) One has seven ducks, the other five. Chicks won't get this one because maf is hard.

    They were all married is correct and the thing about having the horse sex sounds legit. Especially if it was a race in Saudi or some such place.
    Whoa! 2 outa three! Thats a great win percentage, stop while you are ahead!

    : “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    HR Corporate Scum patriot45's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Plant City, Florida
    Posts
    10,903
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    #1-Johnny is not a racehorse. He was born on 12/31 and today is new years day. Day before yesterday was 12/30 the previous year, he was 9. Yesterday he turned 10. Since today is new years day, at the end of this year he'll turn 11 and the next year he'll turn 12.

    #5-Pudgy put one gold brick down, carried the 2 across the bridge, put them down, and went back for the 3rd.

    #7-Julia has 7 and Viola has 5(Julia takes 1 and now has 8 and Julia has 4. Give Viola 1 and they both have 6 a piece)

    #8-The stern but something tells me that is wrong.

    #9-Wait until it gets dark and go out the door with the magnifying glass.

    #11-After getting off the horses, the uncle told them that the strategy could be that they can jump on each other's horses and race to the finish. The key to the race was that the horse itself had to finish last, not the rider.

    Only ones I can figure out so far.
    Dude! You're tied with the leader with 4 right! I won't say which tho I want to give the slow thinkers some time!

    : “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    CU Royalty JB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    8,025
    Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post
    Whoa! 2 outa three! Thats a great win percentage, stop while you are ahead!
    Well, I know I'm right about the ducks because the math is rather simple, don't you think?

    The single thing and the horse sex thing are correct answers to the problems. Maybe not the answers you want but they work. That's 3 of 3 and that's all there is to it.
    Be Not Afraid.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    Senior Member ReinMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Luna Pier, MI
    Posts
    776
    1) Johnny was born on Feb 29th.
    2) All the clocks were flashing the time past noon equal to the time since power had been restored.
    3) Night watchman had to be sleeping to have a dream.
    4) The one who didn't move stayed under shelter.
    5) He juggled the bricks across, so never had more than 2lbs in his hands.
    6) ???
    7) V=5, J=7
    8) Top of the mast.
    9) He waited til nighttime.
    10) ???
    11) ???
    We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. Avarice, ambition, revenge or gallantry would break the strongest cords of our Constitution as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other.
    In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress.

    ~John Adams
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #10  
    HR Corporate Scum patriot45's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Plant City, Florida
    Posts
    10,903
    Quote Originally Posted by ReinMan View Post
    1) Johnny was born on Feb 29th.
    2) All the clocks were flashing the time past noon equal to the time since power had been restored.
    3) Night watchman had to be sleeping to have a dream.
    4) The one who didn't move stayed under shelter.
    5) He juggled the bricks across, so never had more than 2lbs in his hands.
    6) ???
    7) V=5, J=7
    8) Top of the mast.
    9) He waited til nighttime.
    10) ???
    11) ???
    In the lead with 5 right! Woot!

    : “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •