Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 What Republicans Miss The Boat On 
    I can't remember if it was Hannity or Wilkow I was listening to today who came up with this subject. But, one thing the Democrats have a great knack for is putting a face to their agenda. Look at the SOTU when Obama trotted out there; an illegal immigrant and victims of mass shootings. Why don't Republicans ever do anything like this? Have a presser and bring out people who saved their own lives thanks to a firearm. Or have a small businessman present who's business is suffering because of Obamacare. Start fighting fire with fire. There are plenty of people who they can use as examples but they never do. Why?
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

I can think of one reason.

The Republicans used "Joe The Plumber" in that manner and the press attacked him without mercy. They revealed details of his personal life, the IRS investigated him, he was advertized as a fraud (He's not even a plumber!!) and made his life miserable. For Joe, it wasn't worth it.

It looks as if the Republicans don't have the nastiness that resides in Democrat camps. Exaggeration and control are the two weapons most likely to be used successfully by liberals, and, unfortunately, they are very effective for right now.

The GOP (Rinos) are too stupid. And they are cowards. They could trot out coal miners (which dems used to support), they could trot out some of the employees or employers losing their jobs or their businesses in the fishing industry (31-48 million people). Or how about some of the part time working people nation wide losing their employer based healthcare because of 0bamacare? Or some of the people who can no longer afford a gallon of gas or electricity or heating oil? They could trot out maybe 10 or 20 people of the 23,000,000 (read 23 Million!) people out of work. The victims of this administration are legion. But the GOP RINO 'leadership' is too busy running around in circles exclaiming "Woe is me, Woe is me! What do we do? What do we do?" against the most feckless, the most incompetent ideologue the nation has ever faced in the White House. The easiest democrat of all democrats to target, and the GOP leadership (led by Karl Rove no doubt) are absolutely worthless ... except when it comes to attacking Ted Cruz or the tea party. Why more people arent speaking out about these democrat wannabees is beyond me. I guess we have to be careful about what we say or we might make Boehner poop his depends again. Un-friggen-believabe.
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Why don't Republicans ever do anything like this? Have a presser and bring out people who saved their own lives thanks to a firearm. Or have a small businessman present who's business is suffering because of Obamacare. Start fighting fire with fire. There are plenty of people who they can use as examples but they never do. Why?
    The media doesn't show up, you get a handful of conservative bloggers who give mention to the choir.
    In order to get main stream media attention you would have to block off entire cities and states and even then they would find some way to down play it.
    I don't know the answer or if their even is one at this time, something tells me we willingly gave them this power by looking the other way time after time over the years.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

The GOP could bring these victims I mentioned in the previous post up in front of House Committees. Trot them out one group at a time. One after another. This could go on for months, for years. And of course American Pravda would ignore as long as they could but it would leak out. C-Span would cover them. Then the blogs would break out on them. Then Drudge. Then Pravda. One Committee after another Committee. In front of microphones. It could only be ignored for so long.

But theyve GOT to start SOMEWHERE. Instead of sitting on their hands repeating "Woe is me, woe is me." "What do we do Karl?"

"Govt isnt the solution to our problems, govt is the problem." Know who said that Karl?

I guarantee you if the shoe was on the other foot ... but dont expect anything substantive from these panty waist rinos. Its 'above' their pay grade.
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

It just looks to me like the GOP is afraid of being in charge. They don't want it. Those idiot Senate candidates this past election decided to say something insanely stupid in order to not get elected. As for the Tea Party, if they want to be relevant, they need to get better candidates. The Tea Party pretty much got ruined by Christine O'Donnel.

Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post

It looks as if the Republicans don't have the nastiness that resides in Democrat camps. Exaggeration and control are the two weapons most likely to be used successfully by liberals, and, unfortunately, they are very effective for right now.

Yeah, only the democrats are nasty during campaign season. Donald Trump and the birthers are all democrats, I keep forgetting that.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Yeah, only the democrats are nasty during campaign season. Donald Trump and the birthers are all democrats, I keep forgetting that.
    Some of the birthers actually believe what they say. Don't know about Trump, but I'd be interested to hear about any dirty tricks he played that worked.

Contrast that with the recently printed article about how (1) Harry won his seat back, (2) with the lies Pelosi has spread, (3) with the treatment of Joe The Plumber, (4) with Obama's declaration that his administration is the most open in history, (5) with Hillary's obfuscation of the assassination of her ambassador, (6) with Obama's declaration that he has cut spending by 1 trillion dollars since he took office, (7) with the Democrat poll worker who voted five times, (8) with Candy Crawley's interference during the Presidential debates, (9) with the name calling of Tea Party members by Senator Schumer, (10) with the unsubstantiated claim by the black representative that someone spit on him, and (11) with the calls of Racism for all those who oppose Democrat agenda.

And now you. Yes, you! Now you are calling people who want Obama to prove his place of birth, "Birthers". Are you not ridiculing those who have every right to the requested information? Haven't you - like Chuck Schumer - coined a name which diminishes the status of those you oppose?
    And if I insist on seeing Obama's grades, what will you - the nasty Democrat - call me? A Grader, perhaps?

I stand by my statement. Democrats are nasty control freaks who prey on the uninformed.

Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
    Some of the birthers actually believe what they say. Don't know about Trump, but I'd be interested to hear about any dirty tricks he played that worked.

Contrast that with the recently printed article about how (1) Harry won his seat back, (2) with the lies Pelosi has spread, (3) with the treatment of Joe The Plumber, (4) with Obama's declaration that his administration is the most open in history, (5) with Hillary's obfuscation of the assassination of her ambassador, (6) with Obama's declaration that he has cut spending by 1 trillion dollars since he took office, (7) with the Democrat poll worker who voted five times, (8) with Candy Crawley's interference during the Presidential debates, (9) with the name calling of Tea Party members by Senator Schumer, (10) with the unsubstantiated claim by the black representative that someone spit on him, and (11) with the calls of Racism for all those who oppose Democrat agenda.

And now you. Yes, you! Now you are calling people who want Obama to prove his place of birth, "Birthers". Are you not ridiculing those who have every right to the requested information? Haven't you - like Chuck Schumer - coined a name which diminishes the status of those you oppose?
    And if I insist on seeing Obama's grades, what will you - the nasty Democrat - call me? A Grader, perhaps?

I stand by my statement. Democrats are nasty control freaks who prey on the uninformed.
    Couldn't agree with you more, not only are they more dirty they have the MSM at their backs to cover their failings.
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    List me all the ads by the RNC that depicted Democrats pushing old ladies in wheelchairs off of cliffs or blaming a Democrat for a constituent getting cancer and dying, or putting a newspaper ad saying if you elect a Democrat another black church will burn. As usual, I'll wait.