Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Respectfully quoted 
    Post great quotes here:

"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American ... There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag ... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language ... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyelids View Post
    You guys would be better off to take Teddy's quote to heart...
    Why am I not shocked that you immediately spammed and hijacked policons thread?

Sonnabend
    You're right. Mine and Eyelids posts deleted.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    Post great quotes here:
    And totally agreed with !

I am not now, nor ever have been in favor of bringing about in any way the social or political equality of the white and black races. I am not now nor ever have been in favor of making voters or jurors of Negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor of intermarriages with white people. There is a physical difference between the white and the black races which will forever forbid the two races living together on social or political equality. There must be a position of superior and inferior, and I am in favor of assigning the superior position to the white man.

Lincoln in his speech to Charleston, Illinois, 1858
    The Great Emancipator
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Sonnabend
    Never tell people how to do things.
    Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.
    - General George Patton

Not political, but a great quote!

"Yes, yes, that's very nice eyelids. You're doing so well. Did you do that all by yourself? You're such a big boy. I'm so proud of you."

JB of CU! :D

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress."
    - John Adams

“The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter.”
    -Winston Churchill
    **** Obama and **** you too.

Sell a man a fish, he eats for a day, teach a man how to fish, you ruin a wonderful business opportunity.
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Banned
    He who is the author of a war lets loose the whole contagion of hell and opens a vein that bleeds a nation to death.

War involves in its progress such a train of unforeseen circumstances that no human wisdom can calculate the end; it has but one thing certain, and that is to increase taxes.

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.

Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.

-Thomas Paine