Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    Sell a man a fish, he eats for a day, teach a man how to fish, you ruin a wonderful business opportunity.
    Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

"The greatest tragedy in mankind's entire history may be the hijacking of morality by religion." - Arthur C. Clarke
    Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.
    Hey!!!! That one's mine!!!!! :p

"Do not judge according to appearance, but judge with righteous judgment."
    Jesus, John 7:24

And Jesus said, "I do not condemn you, either. Go. From now on sin no more."
    John 8:11

Jesus answered them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, everyone who commits sin is the slave of sin."
    John 8:34

"What I tell you in the darkness, speak in the light; and what you hear {whispered} in {your} ear, proclaim upon the housetops."
    Jesus, Matthew 10:27
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obama’s $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. It’s no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obama’s own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.

Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    It is enough that the people know there was an election. The people who cast the votes decide nothing. The people who count the votes decide everything.
    Who is that quote from -Luna Chiroptera ?

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

"Let the American youth never forget, that they possess a noble inheritance, bought by the toils, and sufferings, and blood of their ancestors; and capacity, if wisely improved, and faithfully guarded, of transmitting to their latest posterity all the substantial blessings of life, the peaceful enjoyment of liberty, property, religion, and independence."
    —Justice Joseph Story
    'One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.' That's a catchy phrase but also misleading. Freedom fighters do not need to terrorize a population into submission. Freedom fighters target the military forces and the organized instruments of repression keeping dictatorial regimes in power. Freedom fighters struggle to liberate their citizens from oppression and to establish a form of government that reflects the will of the people... [O]ne has to be blind, ignorant, or simply unwilling to see the truth if he or she is unable to distinguish between those I just described and terrorists."
    —Ronald Reagan
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

I don't care what congress does as long as they don't do it in the streets and frighten the horses.
    -Victor Hugo
    Always liked this one :)
    They're not people, they're hippies!! -Cartman

It is nothing against you to fall down flat, but to lie there - that's disgrace

Words that we need remember and abide by:

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.

--The Declaration of Independence

And something a little lighter:

“The enemy isn’t conservatism. The enemy isn’t liberalism. The enemy is bullshit." —Lars-Erik Nelson, political columnist

"Any man who is under 30, and is not a liberal, has not heart; and any man who is over 30, and is not a conservative, has no brains."
    - Sir Winston Churchill

Is that how you explain DU then?

"As people do better, they start voting like Republicans - unless they have too much education and vote Democratic, which proves there can be too much of a good thing."
    - Karl Rove

"It is terrible to contemplete how few politicians are hanged."
    - Gilbert K. Chesterton

I think I can come up with a list...

"My choice early in life was either to be a piano-player in a whorehouse or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference."
    - Harry S. Truman

One of my very favorites!!

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
    - Ronald Reagan

And here is the other one!

Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post
    Who is that quote from -Luna Chiroptera ?
    Joe Stalin, actually.;)
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)