Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Unreconstructed Reb View Post
    Have you ever been to a reservation? These are sad places filled with government dependents that spend their waking hours drinking, taking dope and finding destructive ways to fill their boredom. It's the same as those .gov inner city housing projects filled with government dependent people. But yet, with all the empirical data that we have to support the fact that people are better off when government gets out of the way, the loonie left adamantly supports big government and government dependency.
    Some of them, but not all. I work in Oklahoma, with multiple Native Americans. The vast majority of Native Americans are functioning just fine in this society, it's only those with no gumption that now give the reservations that reputation.

My expected grandchild is 1/2 Native American, and the father of the child is not on government benefits. He only has a part time job, though...but does a lot of odd jobs for cash and works for his mother. His mother owns several houses (off the reservation) and rents most of them. Their only dependence is healthcare, because "Why pay for it if you can get it free?" (which I must admit makes sense, though I don't want my daughter to travel 90 minutes to the clinic/hospital, so she is on my health insurance.)

The reservations farther north obviously didn't work as well as the ones around Oklahoma...i don't know why.
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obama’s $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. It’s no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obama’s own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.

Senior Member Unreconstructed Reb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsSmith View Post
    because "Why pay for it if you can get it free?"
    That's the spirit! I think we all ought to grab all the free goodies that we can get!

"The beauty of the Second Amendment is that you won't need it until they try to take it away."---Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

My current literary fascination is "Atlas Shrugged".

Dependent people would be termed Looters in that book. Looters is the term Ayn Rand uses when she talks about those who take all they can without a thought as to who is actually paying for it. She applies the term to both rich and poor, and shows how being a Looter is a mind set rather than a position in life.

I can find many examples in our town.

Senior Member Unreconstructed Reb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
    My current literary fascination is "Atlas Shrugged".

Dependent people would be termed Looters in that book. Looters is the term Ayn Rand uses when she talks about those who take all they can without a thought as to who is actually paying for it. She applies the term to both rich and poor, and shows how being a Looter is a mind set rather than a position in life.

I can find many examples in our town.
    The looters were the big gubmint types/politicians that confiscate the earnings of others at gunpoint to take away from the producers. The moochers were the ones, such as Reardon's brother and wife, that demanded that the producers be 'fair' and give their earnings to the parasites.

Bronco, Reid, Pelosi are looters.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that you won't need it until they try to take it away."---Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ