1. #1 Worst Drought in 1,000 Years Could Begin in Eight Years 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Just the title is stupid...

Thu Feb 21, 2013, 10:43 PM
    Purveyor

Worst Drought in 1,000 Years Could Begin in Eight Years

Beginning in just eight years, we could see permanent climate conditions across the North American Southwest that are comparable to the worst megadrought in 1,000 years. (1)

The latest research from the Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory at Columbia University published in December 2012 has some truly astounding news. The megadroughts referred to in the paper published in Nature Climate Change happened around about 900 to 1300 AD and are so extreme that they have no modern counterpart for comparison (these megadroughts will be referred to in the following as the "12th century megadrought"). The research was funded by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA).

We have been warned for decades that we would be facing a megadrought if we did not do something about climate pollution. We did not, and now according to the projections of a new study, that is just what the future may hold. And remember, projected conditions similar to the worst megadrought in 1,000 years would be the baseline conditions. Dry periods, which we normally refer to as drought times today, would be superimposed on top of the megadrought extremeness.

The Lamont-Doherty research not only includes one of the four new climate scenarios, but also uses the new high-resolution climate models that provide more detail and accuracy. Both will be found in the forthcoming 2013 Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change report (IPCC 2013). The authors tell us about the new climate scenario:

--CLIP
    Stupid chart at the linky. I'm surprised nadin hasn't shown yet...
    May the FORCE be with you!

Wouldn't it be the worst drought in 1008 years or do they have the lead time already figured in?
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Ummmm.... WOW! A drought in the desert.... whodathunkit?

I'd like to know where the Apache, Navajo, Hopi, Anasazi...et al got their SUV's and A/C's to change the climate in such a manner
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    Ummmm.... WOW! A drought in the desert.... whodathunkit?

I'd like to know where the Apache, Navajo, Hopi, Anasazi...et al got their SUV's and A/C's to change the climate in such a manner
    Too much farting from all the Mexican food.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Without doing any predicting we can freely say weather repeats itself. As to these predictions, it's highly doubtful.
    Can't say exactly how long ago but the Great Lakes were 150 feet shallower in the time frame since man arrived. Talk about a drought!!
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Too much farting from all the Mexican food.
    But there were no Mexicans back then...
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Quote Originally Posted by Retread View Post
    Without doing any predicting we can freely say weather repeats itself. As to these predictions, it's highly doubtful.
    Can't say exactly how long ago but the Great Lakes were 150 feet shallower in the time frame since man arrived. Talk about a drought!!
    Yes we can, and do, however they are trying to blame it on man...so it doesn't fit
    Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

And they'll still find a way to blame Bush.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

You know, you'd think that even DUmmies, when comparing current conditions to the past, could start figuring out that Mankind just does NOT control the weather. If it happened 1000 years ago, why in H#(( is it now OUR fault it may be returning?? DUH???
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obama’s $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. It’s no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obama’s own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post

Stupid chart at the linky. I'm surprised nadin hasn't shown yet...
    It's a shame that the internet only goes back comprehensively about 15 years. I recall news articles from the 1980's saying that the drought in the PacNW could last 400 years because archaeological evidence showed it had happened from 900 to 1300 or something like that.

I"m not saying it can't happen, just the the doom saying has been going on longer than Global Warming Theology.