1. #1 Last night I went to the bar to watch basketball. Instead, I got the full litany of R 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Rut Roh!!! Bouncy Time!!!

Fri Feb 22, 2013, 12:41 PM
    NRaleighLiberal

Last night I went to the bar to watch basketball. Instead, I got the full litany of RWTPs.

Last edited Fri Feb 22, 2013, 12:41 PM USA/ET - Edit history (1)
    Place was packed, only one seat left at the bar and I made the mistake of turning to the person next to me and commenting that the game seems to be starting a bit late. There must be a Seinfeld/Curb Your Enthusiasm type descriptive term for what happened next when the fellow next to me saw the opening - gave him a centimeter, and he took over my evening.

I guess it is good practice every now and then to end up sitting next to someone that is your polar opposite in terms of ideology. Among the wonderful lines I had thrown at me (and gleefully rebutted)...

"this global warming stuff is just another case of politics and big government trying to brainwash people. I remember a few years ago when the weather around here was really cold...The government is telling the scientists what to say"

"I believe in evolution - and that we will evolve into where sperm count lowers and we have fewer babies - so carbon emissions will be reduced, and we will evolve to be able to deal with it"

"My wife and I are in therapy because she just doesn't get me.... I really think money is the most important thing and I also think that man should be the hunter/gatherer/wage earner, and my wife should be the one staying home with the kids"

"the only things that should be government-led are our country's defense - everything else should be privatized"

and that is just a small selection of where the chat went over the 2.5 hours I was there.

Oh the fun I had.....the poor beleaguered fellow didn't know what hit him as I whacked away every talking point he had and he ended up saying "hey man, you really made me think about some of these things"

But - and I guess this is the learning - when you are face to face with someone, you actually engage with facts - the internet is so different when you can just toss any old insult or throw away comment at someone. Just reinforced how important it is for people to actually talk. I really think I may have put a pinprick into his right-wing bubble that he clearly lived in his whole life.
    That'll show that ebil ReThug!!!!
    May the FORCE be with you!

Now THAT'S a good bouncy. Hits all the talking points (who the heck talks about that stuff at a bar, watching a game), the DUmmy countered him at every point and then there was a conversion at the end.

I'm disappointed that the antagonist wasn't described as either white, fat, Christian or wearing a baseball cap. More physical stereotypes next time DUmmy and I'll give you five stars.
    Be Not Afraid.

I do miss the bush cop. And I dont think it began with "So".......

Did we drop those requirements?
    Onward Thru the Fog

What about the adoring fans and the standing ovation as he walked out?

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....

5. #5 Thank God for the "enlightened" DUers who show us the way... 
    Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Rut Roh!!! Bouncy Time!!!

That'll show that ebil ReThug!!!!

How have we managed to survive without their brilliance?
    "Asakatsu Magatsu"

True victory is victory over oneself.

~ Morihei Ueshiba O-Sensei ~

What???

No instant conversion! No crying! No bar filled with Moonbats cheering!

Very disappointing.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.