Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23
  1. #11  
    Senior Member Zeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Tiny Redneck town in Texas
    Posts
    2,054
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

    It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    Your truth is not mine.
    Well, I understand that, but would you have me banned because you do not agree with me? I think you would.

    Grow up
    .

    Thanks for the proof of your arrogance. Derision won't work.

    Wild assed conspiracy theories are usually ignored, laughed at and derided. What is "true and obvious" to you is not so for me, nor for others..you are mistaking fascism for genuine disinterest in your POV.
    People don't want to listen to your rants...boo freaking hoo.Maybe you've been on one too many message boards and annoyed people so much they just want you gone.
    Maybe you're closed minded. But does that give you the right to silence me? I'm not saying anyone has to listen, and I don't care if they don't. I don't want to be silenced by the fascists you appear to agree with. You seem to condone silencing. If the majority don't agree with me, so what? I thought this was America. Obviously, like those who banned me, you have a problem with the meaning of America.

    Very few people like having things rammed down their throats by idealogues, or wide eyed conspiracy theorists that scream at the top of their lungs, and sneer at anyone who doesn't buy into their far fetched fantasies.
    My kind? Are you Jewish or something?

    Your kind of rant reminds me of an old guy on a shtetl in old Russia. His neighbour walks over to the fence and to his horror, sees that his friend has a copy of the local hate rag...the one that screams.."The Jews are doing this...the Jews are doing that..."

    "Jacob", he says , aggrieved. "How can you read this kind of rubbish"?

    Jacob laughs, and points to a particularly vivid passage "Shlomo, old friend, the magazine, I'll read...here's why...see how powerful I am?"

    Please tell me you're not a Truther..........
    Schlomo or Moishe in many cases, are the problem. Are you the Jewish gatekeeper here? Get ready for a rough ride, or will you just beg to have me banned?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
    Oh, I think you'll find this place is different. It attracts a pretty free exchange of ideas and a wide range of ideologies. There are some here who wish individual voices would be silenced, but, on the whole, it's, in my observation, one of the most freeest politically-oriented message boards on the internets.

    However after this thread, I find your concern with freedom of expression a bit suspect. Particularly after this exchange...



    Unless, of course, I'm missing a subtle type of irony.
    I'll believe it when I see it. ;)

    My response was to a hypothetical question. Anyway, all anyone has to do is look at the severe damage modern liberalism has done to America to understand that if you could get rid of the promoters of it, it would be like getting cured of a terminal disease. As it is, we'll just have to continue to suffer because there is no majic bullet to eliminate them.
    Last edited by RED; 09-27-2008 at 03:25 PM.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #14  
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Hartford, CT USA
    Posts
    2,024
    Quote Originally Posted by RED View Post
    I'll believe it when I see it. ;)

    My response was to a hypothetical question. Anyway, all anyone has to do is look at the severe damage modern liberalism has done to America to understand that if you could get rid of the promoters of it, it would be like getting cured of a terminal disease. As it is, we'll just have to continue to suffer because there is no majic bullet to eliminate them.
    God, do you know how hypocritical it is for someone to appeal for free and open discussion while simultaneously expressing the sentiment that those who disagree with you do "so much damange" that they should be silenced. Indeed, you are a REAL conservative reflecting the same values as those REAL liberals at DU (and the same values as some, but fortunately not all, here).

    Two sides. Same coin.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
    God, do you know how hypocritical it is for someone to appeal for free and open discussion while simultaneously expressing the sentiment that those who disagree with you do "so much damange" that they should be silenced. Indeed, you are a REAL conservative reflecting the same values as those REAL liberals at DU (and the same values as some, but fortunately not all, here).

    Two sides. Same coin.
    And what are you? A Centrist who can't make up his mind what he really is? I think I explained my position quite plainly. Too bad you don't understand it. I guess this is the problem with commenting on a hypothetical question, in fact, a fantasy question. I guess you deny the destruction that liberalism represents. I think they've had quite enough to say.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #16  
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Hartford, CT USA
    Posts
    2,024
    Quote Originally Posted by RED View Post
    And what are you? A Centrist who can't make up his mind what he really is?
    Sorry, centrist are not people who "can't make up [their] mind what [they] really [are]." I have a pretty good idea of what I really am, although some here may not like that. Centrist are those who look at situations analytically, rather than ideologically, and make decisions without being beholden to "left" or "right." However, make no mistake, they do make decisions. For example, I'm in favor of a strong national defense, preservation of civil liberties above everything else, low takes, a woman's right to chose, legalization of most (if not all drugs), and, as many here despise, legalization of prostitution. There's nothing indecisive about my positions, believe me.

    Quote Originally Posted by RED View Post
    I think I explained my position quite plainly. Too bad you don't understand it. I guess this is the problem with commenting on a hypothetical question, in fact, a fantasy question. I guess you deny the destruction that liberalism represents. I think they've had quite enough to say.
    Again, I think I and everyone here understands your position. You come here decrying message boards that deny you the ability to express you opinions, but one of your first posts is to advocate denying others the expression of their views and opinions. I understand you quite well. You don't live in LA, do you?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #17  
    Sonnabend
    Guest
    Well, I understand that, but would you have me banned because you do not agree with me? I think you would.
    My, we ARE the persecuted one. Incidentally, show me where I said that. You cant because I didn't.

    Save me the paranoid ravings, okay?.

    Obviously, like those who banned me, you have a problem with the meaning of America.
    Message boards are the property of their respective owners.Piss them off and you get kicked out. Boo freaking hoo. So you got banned.

    Whining here wont change it. Take it up with them.

    My kind? Are you Jewish or something?
    And if I was? Uh..where did I use the words "your kind"? You having visual hallucinations?

    Schlomo or Moishe in many cases, are the problem. Are you the Jewish gatekeeper here? Get ready for a rough ride, or will you just beg to have me banned?
    Man, did you miss the entire point........
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
    Sorry, centrist are not people who "can't make up [their] mind what [they] really [are]." I have a pretty good idea of what I really am, although some here may not like that. Centrist are those who look at situations analytically, rather than ideologically, and make decisions without being beholden to "left" or "right." However, make no mistake, they do make decisions. For example, I'm in favor of a strong national defense, preservation of civil liberties above everything else, low takes, a woman's right to chose, legalization of most (if not all drugs), and, as many here despise, legalization of prostitution. There's nothing indecisive about my positions, believe me.
    Nothing here I'll argue with as long as you believe in a strong national defense to defend America, not Israel.



    Again, I think I and everyone here understands your position. You come here decrying message boards that deny you the ability to express you opinions, but one of your first posts is to advocate denying others the expression of their views and opinions. I understand you quite well. You don't live in LA, do you?
    I'm not explaining myself again nor do I offer apologies. Maybe you approve of what liberalism has done to America or maybe you're not happy unless you can start an argument. That's pretty common. Let's just agree to disagree, and come back to fight, or agree, another day.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    My, we ARE the persecuted one. Incidentally, show me where I said that. You cant because I didn't.

    Save me the paranoid ravings, okay?.



    Message boards are the property of their respective owners.Piss them off and you get kicked out. Boo freaking hoo. So you got banned.

    Whining here wont change it. Take it up with them.



    And if I was? Uh..where did I use the words "your kind"? You having visual hallucinations?



    Man, did you miss the entire point........
    Talking with fascists is a waste of time. Obviously, there's fascists here too. Whether the owners of the speech here are on not, remains to be seen. We'll see if this is America or something else, here on this board, or if it isn't.
    Last edited by RED; 09-28-2008 at 04:03 PM.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #20  
    Sonnabend
    Guest
    Talking with fascists is a waste of time. Obviously, there's fascists here too. Whether the owners of the speech here are on not, remains to be seen. We'll see if this is America or something else, here on this board, or if it isn't.
    You do not have "freedom of speech" here, as this is private property and what the owner says, goes. You are here by courtesy only, you do not have a right to be here, and you will be removed if you are deemed offensive or abusive.

    Posting here is a privilege, not a right, which can be be removed at any time.

    You are so advised.

    where did I use the words "your kind"
    Answer me.

    Are you Jewish or something?
    Explain why you asked that question,. Aside from the fact that what I believe is none of your damned business, care to explain that remark?
    Last edited by Sonnabend; 09-29-2008 at 09:18 AM.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •