1. #1 Mexican Style Corn on the Cobb 
    Will let you know how this turns out. We're having SR's parents over for a father's day picnic. I found this recipe from Joy Bauer and hope that it turns out alright.

Recipe
    Mexican-Style Corn on the Cobb

Nutrition facts
    • Amount per Serving
    • Calories: 130
    • Protein: 5.0 g
    • Total Fat: 4.0 g
    • Saturated Fat: 2.0 g
    • Sugar: 4.0 g
    • Cholesterol: 10 mg
    • Total Carbohydrate: 21.0 g
    • Dietary Fiber: 1.0 g
    • Sodium: 110 mg
    If you have ever tried traditional Mexican corn on the cob, then you already know it is DELISH, but loaded with butter, mayo, and full-fat cheese. In this slimmed down version I use light cream cheese and a dash of Parmesan to mimic the creamy-cheezy texture, fresh lime for some pizzaz, and a pinch of cayenne pepper to kick up the heat. O.M.G.
    • Prep time 10 mins
    • Total Time 25 mins
    This recipe makes 4 serving(s)

Ingredients:
    • 4 ears of corn, shucked
    • 4 Tablespoons light cream cheese
    • 4 teaspoons grated cotija cheese (or Parmesan)
    • 4 limes
    • Cayenne pepper, to taste
    Preparation:Grill corn or roast in a toaster oven for 10-15 minutes, turning halfway through.
    Remove from grill and for each cob, spread 1 Tablespoon cream cheese, squeeze on juice of 1/2 a lime, sprinkle on 1 teaspoon cotija (or Parmesan) cheese and a pinch of cayenne pepper (start very slow and add more if you like it hot).
    Serve with remaining lime wedges.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

How was it?

Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post
    How was it?
    I thought it was delicious. SR likes more butter than I do. He suggested putting some butter on it before grilling, then putting the cream cheese on. It really was delicious with the parmesan cheese added. I was in a hurry and forgot to put on the cayenne pepper. That would have added more taste.

Probably I was thrown because our guests refused to have it fixed like that, so made their corn plain.

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"

Here is the one we made. I had to eat three.....

6 ears corn, Cilantro Lime Butter, recipe below

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.

Coat each ear of corn in 1 tablespoon of the cilantro lime butter and wrap individually in foil. Roast until hot and steaming, about 25 minutes. Serve with extra butter on the side.

Cilantro Lime Butter:
    1 stick butter, at room temperature

1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves

1 lime, zested and juiced

2 teaspoons salt

3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper

Put the butter in a mixing bowl and, using a rubber spatula, mix in the cilantro, lime zest, lime juice, salt and cayenne. refrigerate any left over.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    I thought it was delicious. SR likes more butter than I do. He suggested putting some butter on it before grilling, then putting the cream cheese on. It really was delicious with the parmesan cheese added. I was in a hurry and forgot to put on the cayenne pepper. That would have added more taste.

Probably I was thrown because our guests refused to have it fixed like that, so made their corn plain.
    I find it difficult cooking for others, it just makes me nervous.

It looks good. I love corn on the cob, I usually just boil it and rub it on a buttered and salted piece of bread.

Next time I go to my sister's, and we grill stuff, I'm going to try this.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    It looks good. I love corn on the cob, I usually just boil it and rub it on a buttered and salted piece of bread.

Next time I go to my sister's, and we grill stuff, I'm going to try this.
    I got some Philly's soft cream cheese in a tub, the chipotle flavor. It will be easier than doing the plain Philly with the seasonings. I'll let you know how it turns out. I'm always looking for something that's both tasty and easy.

Usually I boil the corn, but have found out that it's easy and quick to just wrap it in foil and stick it on the grill. SR cooks a lot on that grill, so it saves cleaning another pot. As I said, easy is the best way to go.

"

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    I got some Philly's soft cream cheese in a tub, the chipotle flavor. It will be easier than doing the plain Philly with the seasonings. I'll let you know how it turns out. I'm always looking for something that's both tasty and easy.

Usually I boil the corn, but have found out that it's easy and quick to just wrap it in foil and stick it on the grill. SR cooks a lot on that grill, so it saves cleaning another pot. As I said, easy is the best way to go.
    Using the grill keeps the house cooler and keeps the a/c from kicking in as often. But we have breezy days here and grilling out when its 113 outside and the smoke is in your face is not always fun. But then we have days like to today, mid 90's and no humidity, no a/c all day, just used my portable swamp cooler and it kept the living room 75 all day, tonight's low 62. I will wake up freezing!