1. #1 Oil Boom In North Dakota A Good Thing...Except To The Left 
    I read this article about the oil boom in ND from National Geographic. This boom has been great for everyone involved. People from all around the country have been going to this state and making salaries some in the hundred thousands. Yes, you have to put in long hours but sometimes that's what it takes. Well, to this writer from NatGeo it's the most horrible thing to ever happen. Read this drek and wonder who pissed in this guy's Cheerios: http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...kota-oil-boom/
    Last edited by NJCardFan; 02-25-2013 at 02:42 PM.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

"North Dakota crude has helped lift U.S. oil production to its highest level in 14 years, and has the United States on track to regain its spot as the world's top energy producer within five years. "

"... North Dakota, which has the lowest unemployment rate in the United States (3.1 percent.)"

-------------------------------------------

Good news for America just has to piss the 0baminations off to no end.
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

Sorry NJ but I couldn't find the negativity you were describing -maybe they changed the text somewhere.

This showed up in today's chronicle. The other boom mentioned in the first story.

There are drawbacks to these happenings but the good outweighs the bad by far IMHO.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    A man is but a product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes. Gandhi
    Quote Originally Posted by Carol
    When I judge someone's integrity one key thing I look at is - How does s/he treat people s/he doesn't agree with or does not like?
    I can respect someone who I do not agree with, but I have NO respect for someone who puts others down in a public forum. That is the hallmark of someone who has no integrity, and cannot be trusted.

Quote Originally Posted by Retread View Post
    Sorry NJ but I couldn't find the negativity you were describing -maybe they changed the text somewhere.

This showed up in today's chronicle. The other boom mentioned in the first story.

There are drawbacks to these happenings but the good outweighs the bad by far IMHO.
    Crap. Wasn't the article I wanted to link. Give me a minute.

Edit: This is the one; http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/20...-oil/dobb-text

Okay - now that one is a tad different.

Hate to tell these folks but all those 'dangerous' chemicals they keep crying about amounts to less than .01% of the frac fluid. And... I'd like to kick the first fool that put a 'k' in there.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    A man is but a product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes. Gandhi
    Quote Originally Posted by Carol
    When I judge someone's integrity one key thing I look at is - How does s/he treat people s/he doesn't agree with or does not like?
    I can respect someone who I do not agree with, but I have NO respect for someone who puts others down in a public forum. That is the hallmark of someone who has no integrity, and cannot be trusted.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    “Climate change?” Connell says. “We don’t talk about that here."

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!![/B][/I][/SIZE]
    You can read into that in several ways. First, to the author, the meaning of that line is like a corrections officer accepting bribes to turn a blind eye to the rape that's happening on his housing unit. If you're profiting by this oil boom then you're willing to ignore the affects it's having on the environment so if you don't talk about it, it doesn't exist. If you're the one's working and doing well, you don't talk about it because you're intelligent enough to know that man's affect on climate change is minimal to nil at best so there's no point in talking about it. The author of that article needs to go back to his ivory tower and shut his bazoo.