Thread: Pantyhose

1. #1 Pantyhose 
    I stopped wearing pantyhose a long time ago. Living in Florida, there is no need to.

Last year, I attended a spring wedding in NY. I wore dressy strappy sandals, so no panty hose.

Here is my dilemma. My cousin is getting married this winter, probably in November, or possible in December, in NY.
    It will probably be cold and I intend on buying a navy dress with bone, closed toe pumps.

Do I wear panty hose? It will be cold. I'm always tan now, so it's not because I have pasty white legs, but are people not wearing hose to weddings nowadays?? In the north.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    I stopped wearing pantyhose a long time ago. Living in Florida, there is no need to.

Last year, I attended a spring wedding in NY. I wore dressy strappy sandals, so no panty hose.

Here is my dilemma. My cousin is getting married this winter, probably in November, or possible in December, in NY.
    It will probably be cold and I intend on buying a navy dress with bone, closed toe pumps.

Do I wear panty hose? It will be cold. I'm always tan now, so it's not because I have pasty white legs, but are people not wearing hose to weddings nowadays?? In the north.
    You could wear those tight ass leggings.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

It's the NorthEast. Wear pantyhose.

(They just don't understand us folks who come from warm climates and never wear hose.)

By all means wear pantyhose, Hawk ...

For several reasons actually.

Your nicely tanned legs will quickly dry out due to lack of humidity and cold weather and could even become scaly looking. (dry skin) Be sure to keep skin lotion on them.

Also, if you wear short skirts of any kind, pantyhose always make your legs more attractive, especially silky sheer ones.

Besides the fact that everyone else from up north will be wearing them (those in dresses and not slacks) ... if you value your closed toe shoes, is not really a good idea to wear bare feet in them.

I always wear Hanes Silk Reflections in an off black color for fall and winter outfits and feel great in them.

And yes, in my 10 years of living in Florida, I wore panty hose only a few times for formal occasions.

Funny caution: Don't purchase pantyhose months ahead of time ... the humidity breaks down the waistband and makes them unwearable! Brand new, unopened pkgs included.
    Last edited by ABC in Georgia; 02-18-2013 at 10:06 PM.
    American By Choice ~ 1980

Not knowing the secret female meanings attached to such things, my advice would be to let the weather be your guide. Bring a pair that match the outfit, and if it's cold, wear them, if it's warm, don't.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    You could wear those tight ass leggings.
    Not appropriate for weddings and certainly not appropriate for a navy dress..fashion faux pas.

I'm wearing them if it's cold.