Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

1. #1 Farrakhan Urges Black Americans to Collectively Purchase Land… 
    Feb. 25, 2013 11:26am Billy Hallowell

The Minister Louis Farrakhan, 79, delivered his annual Saviors’ Day sermon on Sunday. As is usually the case, the three-hour address covered a variety of topics ranging from current events to the faith leader’s contentious views on race relations. Of particular note was an economic plan he posited — one in which African Americans would come together to invest in land — and a pledge to reach out to gang leaders to ask them for assistance in protecting the Nation of Islam’s interests.

The Saviors’ Day address is generally a mixture of sermon and lecture. The event commemorates the founding of the Nation of Islam, which has espoused black nationalism and self-reliance since the 1930s. When President Barack Obama was elected in 2008, the resounding tone of the convention was jubilant, but Obama’s re-election took a back seat Sunday as Farrakhan said blacks still had to rely on themselves, and not leaders, to improve their situation.
    More>http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...to-protect-it/
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Fabulous Poster
    He has been pushing land ownership for a long time. There is a cultural myth amongst black people (due in no small part to leaders and teachers repeating it) that there was a great theft of land from black people.

http://www.mamiwata.com/trick.html

For generations, black families passed down the tales in uneasy whispers: ''They stole our land.''
    These were family secrets shared after the children fell asleep, after neighbors turned down the lamps - old stories locked in fear and shame.

Of course if you read the article, there is precious little to support the claim and it's completely devoid of context.

3. #3 ***Explicit Language Below*** 
    He's just taking D'Mite's advice: "Buy some land, buy some land(what) Fuck spinnin' rims"

The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    He has been pushing land ownership for a long time. There is a cultural myth amongst black people (due in no small part to leaders and teachers repeating it) that there was a great theft of land from black people.

http://www.mamiwata.com/trick.html

For generations, black families passed down the tales in uneasy whispers: ''They stole our land.''
    These were family secrets shared after the children fell asleep, after neighbors turned down the lamps - old stories locked in fear and shame.

Of course if you read the article, there is precious little to support the claim and it's completely devoid of context.
    Why is it that land belonging to a black family in Mississippi is referred to as "our land" by a family in Miami?

He also wants to align with Islamic fanatics .... He is a nutcase racist...

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....
    _ WELFARE IS NOT AN ENTITLEMENT! _

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Team up with gangs...

Oh yeah, that's a GREAT idea!!!

Maybe Colin Powell can lend them some of his military expertise...
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Team up with gangs...

Oh yeah, that's a GREAT idea!!!

Maybe Colin Powell can lend them some of his military expertise...
    Farrakhan is a true whack job. Major whack job ...

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
    Why is it that land belonging to a black family in Mississippi is referred to as "our land" by a family in Miami?
    There is a lack of context to the entire meme. Refusal to consider context is hardly exclusive to black people, but it is essential to many of their complaints.

For example: it isn't difficult to find black people who hold a grudge owing to the belief that slave labor was stolen labor and what is to them a logical presumption that had they been paid, they would have built wealth. It is often pointless to counter this belief with the fact that slaves were indeed paid (records of allowances paid (Thomas Jefferson, George Washington) as well as records of earnings in side work (Frederick Douglass, George Purnell) and that white field hands and house servants pretty much only made food, clothing, and shelter with no excess or wealth building. I am often surprised at how few black people there are who have actually read The Slave Narratives and disappointed that so many seem satisfied to read opinions and summaries rather than source materials.

So you have black people who say "They stole our labor." who disregard that the poor whites working the land of the wealthy died with nothing to show for it.

So you have black people saying "They stole our land." when countless white people had their land appropriated for roads and development as well. I happen to know about that one personally, because US 13 runs over the place where my great great grandfather's (mental picture Col. Sanders) house once stood. Trust me, he wasn't paid a lot of money for it, even though to many it would look (from a distance) like Oak Alley Plantation. Up close it would look like an old farm house in need of renovation.

Even so, if it would make them feel better I think we ought to open up some homestead land for blacks under the same rules it was available for whites.

Senior Member Unreconstructed Reb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Even so, if it would make them feel better I think we ought to open up some homestead land for blacks under the same rules it was available for whites.
    I'm against reparations in any format.

But just for grins, how would you decide who qualifies? Would you have to be full black or would Bronco qualify? Would it be based on skin color alone or would you have to have proof of slave ancestors? Could they have been slaves in any country? Wouldn't using the same rules for homesteading that applied to whites be racist?
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that you won't need it until they try to take it away."---Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by Unreconstructed Reb View Post
    I'm against reparations in any format.

But just for grins, how would you decide who qualifies? Would you have to be full black or would Bronco qualify? Would it be based on skin color alone or would you have to have proof of slave ancestors? Could they have been slaves in any country? Wouldn't using the same rules for homesteading that applied to whites be racist?
    Due like they do with Indian tribes. Do a genealogy test and a DNA test. Make the requirements be that they have to be have a certain percentage of DNA to match their ancestors.