The Media Threat to Democracy

Ann Coulter, in a recent Kudlow Report, enraged the punditry by suggesting that the mainstream media was a threat to democracy.

"I mean, you really wonder if Democrats would win any elections if we had an honest media in this country," Coulter said. "As Pat Caddell says, the media is becoming a threat to democracy."

In the runup to the last presidential election, Pat Caddell, a Democratic pollster and staunch liberal, said,

"I think we're at the most dangerous time in our political history in terms of the balance of power in the role that the media plays in whether or not we maintain a free democracy or not."

Coulter and Caddell, both experienced media professionals, have given voice to what many Americans believe is the principal threat to American democracy: the progressive liberal mainstream media.

I have absolutely no doubt that Barrack Hussein Obama won election and re-election on the strength of mainstream media support for him and his leftist ideology. It certainly wasn't that Obama had distinguished himself in his career. He had accomplished nothing other than getting himself elected to office, and he did that by dazzling the mainstream media. He had few, if any, qualifications for the presidency. And he has yet to satisfactorily prove to many that he is even eligible for the position. How then does someone like Obama get elected and then re-elected after a disastrous first term?

A Thoroughly Dishonest Media

Obama took the presidential election with 51% of the popular vote, and a 3.85% edge over Mitt Romney. The mainstream media provided Obama his thin margin of victory. Fox news reported "Five ways the mainstream media tipped the scales in favor of Obama." I believe the mainstream media regularly delivers about 10-20% of the popular vote to the Democrats, and have been doing so for the past thirty years or so. I agree with Ann that you really do have to wonder if the Democrats would win any elections without the mainstream media.

Today, the mainstream media -- ABC, NBC, CBS, MSNBC, CNN, the New York Times, the Chicago Tribune, the Boston Globe, the LA Times, Newsweek, Time, and all the other mainstream media outlets -- are unabashedly liberal. They have also been integrated into the inner workings of the Democratic Party and the United States government. The Obama administration tells the mainstream media what to report and how to report it. We now have a government-controlled press, not a free press. >>>

The Government/Media Complex

We are witnessing a marriage of the progressive media with a progressive government regime, an unholy alliance in terms of the American ideal. The end result is the certain destruction of freedom and liberty in America. History is a good guide in this matter.

Obama meets with Rachael Maddow, Lawrence O'Donnell, Ed Schultz and other "influential progressives" to give them his thoughts on how he wants the news reported to the public. In exchange >>>

>>> The fact is that the administration and the media routinely work together to deprive the American people of the truth. This is necessary to the progressive agenda. >>>

>>> The mainstream media is no longer our watchdog: they belong to the progressive left.

When government officials and the mainstream media conspire to deprive us of the truth they deprive us of our liberty. And that is what is at stake. The mainstream media is truly a threat to our democracy.

More@AmericanThinker
Five ways the mainstream media tipped the scales in favor of Obama
Juan Williams - Liberal media will ‘shut you down, stab you, kill you, fire you’ if you disagree

Who needs enemies when we have the praetorian guard?