Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by ABC in Georgia View Post
    I'm with you, Rock ...

And at the moment he seems to be doing a very good job of it all over the globe.

So, my answer is a definite YES.
    This was all written about a long time ago.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Satan=Lucifer the fallen angel, the greatest angel of all who fell to his own pride and then dedicated his existence to corrupting the plan of God.
    As real as the nose on your face.
    I too am of this general train of thought.

One of the temptations Satan tempted Jesus with, was when he took him to a high mountain top to show him all the kingdoms of the world. Then he offered all these kingdoms to Jesus if he would fall down and worship him (Satan).

My question: How could he offer them, if they were not his to offer?
    My answer: This is Satans 'kingdom' until the Lord returns.

Maybe its semantics, but I dont exactly agree with the way the question is asked or phrased. I dont believe 'in' Satan (Lucifer), but I absolutely do believe in his fall, his existence and his influence. Rather, I believe 'in' Jesus (the Word). That hes the son of God and that he came here to offer himself up as the perfect sacrifice (the lamb of God) for our sins... if we are willing to accept that sacrifice, confess our sins and look to him for our redemption. (God hates sin, but loves the sinner)
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
    No.

Not everything has an opposite. There is no opposite to heat. Or light, either for that matter.
    There is no opposite of heat but there is a total absence of heat called absolute zero.
    There is no opposite of light but there is a total lack of light that is absolute dark.

There is a satan/lucifer/devil out there every day tempting me and every other individual alive on the planet.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    ...not in the metaphorical since as an evil aspect of man's own nature but as a real entity that influences people, societies and governments.
    Yes. Absolutely.

I fail miserably as a good Christian, but there is no doubt in my mind that there is a spiritual world where conflict between good and evil exists. And I think that many people in power are influenced by the evil one, which is, I guess, why I distrust power and power over others so much.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

I have never experienced anything of a supernatural manner that I could say was Satan, demonic or of that nature. I pray I never do.

I've seen a lot of evil, and it's difficult for me to think it's evil of a type that is beyond the capacity of human nature. I don't like it when people use Satan as a way to avoid responsibility for their actions.

That said, I am a Christian and Jesus preaches about Satan, so in some way he must exist. But I would never word my thinking as "I believe in him", because I believe in Jesus, not His enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
    No.

Not everything has an opposite. There is no opposite to heat. Or light, either for that matter.
    Evil is not the opposite of good. It is the absence of good like cold is the absence of heat and darkness is the absense of light.

To assume that Satan is the equal of God is to misunderstand the nature of God. If God had an equal then he wouldn't be God.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    Yes. Absolutely.

I fail miserably as a good Christian, but there is no doubt in my mind that there is a spiritual world where conflict between good and evil exists. And I think that many people in power are influenced by the evil one, which is, I guess, why I distrust power and power over others so much.
    We all fail miserablly as good Christians, that is why we need Grace

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Retread View Post
    There is no opposite of heat but there is a total absence of heat called absolute zero.
    There is no opposite of light but there is a total lack of light that is absolute dark.

There is a satan/lucifer/devil out there every day tempting me and every other individual alive on the planet.
    Sure, but as everyone knows, absolute zero is unattainable. Even if it were, total absence of heat is not the opposite of heat.

And there is no absolute dark. There are light particles (so to speak) that penetrate everything that is known. Or, as a physicist explained to me, "Just because you can't see it, doesn't mean it's not there." And even so, a total absence of light is not the opposite of light.

We disagree about the existence of The Devil. Some people feel the need to believe in The Devil because they believe in God. They mistakenly believe that everything must have a polar opposite.

My belief system is very different from yours. Just as you may never remove yourself totally from light and heat, so may you never remove yourself totally from the grace that is God. There is a spark of good in everyone.

Fabulous Poster
    Bad theater

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Bad theater
    You think Satan is hot.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg