1. #1 Homemade English Toffee 
    Made this last night and after 3 tries, I not only got it right, it tastes exactly like a Heath Bar. It's a simple recipe:

Ingredients

1 Cup of Butter(2 sticks softened for times sake but doesn't have to be)(must be butter and not margarine)

1 Cup of Sugar

1/4 cup of water

1/2 tsp of salt(optional, you might not need it if you're using salted butter. If using unsalted, add the salt)

1/2 cup of chocolate chips

Add the butter, sugar, water, and salt in a sturdy sauce pot(I used a stainless pot) over medium high heat stirring constantly and keeping a close eye on it. Once it gets to a boil, lower heat to medium and continue to stir. Cook until it reaches 300 degrees on a candy thermometer(hard crack). Once it reaches 300 degrees, immediately transfer it to a 9X13 cookie sheet and let it spread itself or if you want, spread it to desired thickness and let it cool until it's hardened. While it's cooling, melt the chips in a double boiler over not, not boiling water. When the chips melt, pour over candy and spread it until it covers it in it's entirety. Put in fridge to cool. When the chocolate is hard, break into pieces and enjoy.

I would have given you pictures but there isn't enough to take a picture of.
    Last edited by NJCardFan; 02-26-2013 at 10:54 PM.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.