Thread: Sequestration: 170 Million Jobs Could Be Lost

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    I'm consistently amazed that Waters isn't laughed out of the house. The woman is dumber than a bag of hammers.
    Obviously, the people in her district either have no other good choices or are dumber than she is.

As far as no better choices goes, I think most republicans can relate to that after the 2012 GOP presidential primaries.

This just in: NASA announced the moon will be falling out of orbit today because they no longer have enough money to keep it there due to the sequestration.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Obviously, the people in her district either have no other good choices or are dumber than she is.

As far as no better choices goes, I think most republicans can relate to that after the 2012 GOP presidential primaries.
    Waters has been around for decades. I will never forget her, right after the beating of Reginald Denny in 1992, as the fires were being lit in LA. She was on 93.1 FM The Beat (now defunct) telling young black men not to go out together in cars that night, only one per car, or else the police would pick them up. What Waters did not know was that Daryl Gates had pulled LAPD out of South Central that night, for fear the police would be killed, which is why the fire companies did not go there to stop the fires. As usual, Waters was absolutely clueless.

But she's been an incumbent so long that she can't lose, even though much of her district is now Hispanic.

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    Waters has been around for decades. I will never forget her, right after the beating of Reginald Denny in 1992, as the fires were being lit in LA. She was on 93.1 FM The Beat (now defunct) telling young black men not to go out together in cars that night, only one per car, or else the police would pick them up. What Waters did not know was that Daryl Gates had pulled LAPD out of South Central that night, for fear the police would be killed, which is why the fire companies did not go there to stop the fires. As usual, Waters was absolutely clueless.

But she's been an incumbent so long that she can't lose, even though much of her district is now Hispanic.
    She, along with the rest of the congressional black caucus(is there a congressional white caucus?) wrote a letter to Fidel Castro asking him to fight extradition of escaped convict and convicted cop killer Joanne Chesimard. Waters belongs to that segment of the black community that thinks that blacks should be allowed to commit crimes because of slavery.
    "Inequality is a false notion propagated by those who are made to feel guilty for what they have by those who are jealous for what they don't"-Former MTV Host Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    This just in: NASA announced the moon will be falling out of orbit today because they no longer have enough money to keep it there due to the sequestration.
    Americans Face the Horror of Post-Sequester Life.

My personal favorite: “It wasn’t until I ate my neighbor’s pancreas that I realized president Obama was right about the sequester.”

And from the "too soon, but I make no apologies for it" department:

Sequestration claims its first victim.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Wood View Post
    Americans Face the Horror of Post-Sequester Life.

My personal favorite: “It wasn’t until I ate my neighbor’s pancreas that I realized president Obama was right about the sequester.”

That is some good stuff there!
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg