Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 STUDY: Women More Overweight Because They Do Less Vacuuming, Laundry... 
    What Housework Has to Do With Waistlines
    By GRETCHEN REYNOLDS
    One reason so many American women are overweight may be that we are vacuuming and doing laundry less often, according to a new study that, while scrupulously even-handed, is likely to stir controversy and emotions.

The study, published this month in PLoS One, is a follow-up to an influential 2011 report which used data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics to determine that, during the past 50 years, most American workers began sitting down on the job. Physical activity at work, such as walking or lifting, almost vanished, according to the data, with workers now spending most of their time seated before a computer or talking on the phone. Consequently, the authors found, the average American worker was burning almost 150 fewer calories daily at work than his or her employed parents had, a change that had materially contributed to the rise in obesity during the same time frame, especially among men, the authors concluded.

Read More>http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/0...th-waistlines/
    We men have instinctively known this for a long time, when we say 'woman bring me a sammich' it is you we are thinking of.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Bob Dole, when asked why he wanted to be Vice President (1976, I think) famously said, "Well, it's mostly indoor work and there is no heavy lifting", which I always thought was about the funniest damn thing I ever heard from a politician. Well, "create or save jobs" was pretty funny, too, but given the size of the orator's ego, he may have actually been talking about Steve Jobs. We'll never know.

"Woman, bring me a sammich", will have to wait until another day when I am feeling particularly suicidal. You go first; let me know how it works for you.

I still think eating habits are part of it. The sammichs at home, if she makes one for herself, too, are usually healthier than the Big Mac/large fries combo for lunch.

I eat at healthier restaurants these days, because I can afford to.

Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
    "Woman, bring me a sammich", will have to wait until another day when I am feeling particularly suicidal.
    A man with his head screwed on properly!

Good show, Starbuck! I salute you!
    American By Choice ~ 1980

And now a word from the feminists:

The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Look at how happy and healthy she is:

You go girl.
    Be Not Afraid.

Don't forget that men who do more traditionally female chores have sex less than men that don't.

Putting aside for the moment that many couples today (with children) are both out working and earning a living simply to survive and pay the bills ... and is only fair that they share household chores at the end of the day ...

Forget the foolish studies done these days, most not worth taking the time to read, let alone put much faith in ...

I still say:

You Tarzan, me Jane, and if you Tarzan, order me to make your "sammiches" at your beck and call, you are definitely barking up the wrong tree pumpkin!

Ever heard of Excedrin Headache #101? Occurs at the most inopportune time for some strange reason!
    American By Choice ~ 1980

Quote Originally Posted by ABC in Georgia View Post
    Putting aside for the moment that many couples today (with children) are both out working and earning a living simply to survive and pay the bills ... and is only fair that they share household chores at the end of the day ...

Forget the foolish studies done these days, most not worth taking the time to read, let alone put much faith in ...

I still say:

You Tarzan, me Jane, and if you Tarzan, order me to make your "sammiches" at your beck and call, you are definitely barking up the wrong tree pumpkin!

Ever heard of Excedrin Headache #101? Occurs at the most inopportune time for some strange reason!
    Danged ole uppity woman!
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Danged ole uppity woman!
    Why is that womanfolk posting on CU on a Saturday afternoon when she should be cleaning.
    Be Not Afraid.