Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Why is that womanfolk posting on CU on a Saturday afternoon when she should be cleaning.
    Ha! Ha!

As for you JB ...

What are you doing in CU reading at whatever the dickens time it is where you live?

Have you taken the garbage out yet? Picked up your dirty laundry from the floor and put it in the basket? Remembered to put the toilet seat down so the cat doesn't drink out of it again? Huh?

It is now 11:19 pm. Georgia time, dishwasher finished and ready to empty, doors locked, alarm system set, Vince Flynn's "The Last Man" book in hand, cat sitting on my lap ...

Now, just hush up your mouth, put another log on the fire, make me a cup of coffee, pour me a small snifter of brandy, and make it fast!!!

Ya hear?
    Last edited by ABC in Georgia; 03-03-2013 at 12:27 AM.
    American By Choice ~ 1980

If I'm overweight, it is my husbands fault.

He wanted me (no kidding) to pre treat his T-shirts before washing them. T-shirts, mind you, work shirts. In addition, I could not iron to his satisfaction. Fast forward oh, about 26 years or so, guess who washes his own whites and irons his own shirts?

This is why I have that bit of chubby. He complains, I bring up the Chinese proverb "he who is not doing the thing, should not complain to the one doing it" IOW, if how I do it is not good enough, do it yourself. To give him credit, he does.

I am such a lucky woman!

And, howdy y'all. It's nice to be back.

People have very busy lives. I know stay at home moms that are never home. They are busy with running their kids in a million different directions and helping out at the schools.

Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post
    People have very busy lives. I know stay at home moms that are never home. They are busy with running their kids in a million different directions and helping out at the schools.
    I was a "stay at home" mom and I remember it well.

When babies, the only time you get to yourself, is when they are sleeping.

Later when in kindergarten, at age of 5, drop them off, rush home, do a few things around the house, pick them up again, feed them lunch, take them shopping with you, tell them over and over "put that down", "no you can't have that" etc.

Still later ... driving them out to hockey practice, cubs, Indian Guides, sewing on a million patches, applying bandages to scrapes and scratches, making up batch after batch of oatmeal cookies, coaching tennis team, helping with science projects (loved doing that!) and on and on.

It was hectic at times, but on the whole, I enjoyed it and look back upon those days fondly.

Oh yes, just to keep on topic here re weight of women ...

I am not overweight, but have been fighting it for years since I have had both my para-thyroid glands removed in 2 separate operations (long story) and they are the blinking things responsible for controlling your metabolism and fluctuations in your weight.

In my opinion and experience, forget about counting calories, fat grams etc. and concentrate on keeping those pesky, delicious tasting, tempting CARBS down!

Eat as little as you possibly can of: potatoes, rice, bread (even the supposed multi-grain- good-for-you-stuff) pasta, and anything that contains flour or starch!

Treat yourself only on the weekends, and don't overdo it.

PS ... And it really does help to be a "vain" clothes, and shoe loving, female, such as I am.

That's it, outta here, off this machine and brunch to make!

Quote Originally Posted by ABC in Georgia View Post
    Oh yes, just to keep on topic here re weight of women ...

I am not overweight, but have been fighting it for years since I have had both my para-thyroid glands removed in 2 separate operations (long story) and they are the blinking things responsible for controlling your metabolism and fluctuations in your weight.

In my opinion and experience, forget about counting calories, fat grams etc. and concentrate on keeping those pesky, delicious tasting, tempting CARBS down!

Eat as little as you possibly can of: potatoes, rice, bread (even the supposed multi-grain- good-for-you-stuff) pasta, and anything that contains flour or starch!

Treat yourself only on the weekends, and don't overdo it.

PS ... And it really does help to be a "vain" clothes, and shoe loving, female, such as I am.

That's it, outta here, off this machine and brunch to make!
    Wow, both para-thyroids removed and you're not overweight? Mad respect ma'am.

I think the problem with a lot of women(feminist women) today is that for some reason they get the rationalization hamster that says a man should be attracted to "full figured(aka jelly filled)" women and that those men should be slim, athletic and not have a beer gut; if those men do find skinny women attractive then the women rationalizes that he is simply misogynistic and treats women like a piece of meat.

Feminists have caused women to think that they shouldn't care about being healthy and that being healthy is whatever makes you feel "Haaaapppyyyyy", oh if a guy doesn't look like some hollywood hunk the woman can cheat and it's ok because he obviously didn't care about her happiness so she can look for emotional sex elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Why is that womanfolk posting on CU on a Saturday afternoon when she should be cleaning.

I don't know about other women, but I get my housecleaning done on Saturday morning, with only laundry carrying over to the afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Wibbins View Post
    Wow, both para-thyroids removed and you're not overweight? Mad respect ma'am.
    Wow! Finally found this topic, I do not keep track of where I post as I just check in at random.

Thanks, Wibbins ...

Is not difficult to do after all these years. Is much easier as a matter of fact, thanks to all the items now available in grocery stores and online.

For anyone interested ... best I have found for keeping carbs down and are very good tasting and healthful at the same time are Atkins products.

See here for complete line of products, plus useful info for keeping your weight down :

http://www.atkins.com/Home.aspx

For breakfast, I usually have 1 coffee before and one after, one of these, they are filling and delicious! :

http://www.atkins.com/Products/Morni...Crisp-Bar.aspx

Then for lunch one of these and a coffee after :

http://www.atkins.com/Products/Advan...ght-Shake.aspx

Dinner is small portions of whatever I make for Mr. ABC, without the potates or bread, that I give him.

Then of course, on Saturdays and Sundays, and whenever we go out, I eat whatever appeals to me, carbs and all, but I really don't go too wild!

I know, enough of this, and outta here!
    Last edited by ABC in Georgia; 03-05-2013 at 10:20 PM.