1. #1 Is there a savior for Detroit..... 
    .....maybe there is.

http://hotair.com/archives/2013/03/0...r-for-detroit/

(snip)

[Gov.] Snyder said the city has not been able to solve its financial crisis and that outside help is needed. Today “is a day to call all hands on deck… to say there’s been too much fighting, too much blame, not enough resources, not enough people working together. The key answer I believe all of us want to get to is growing the city of Detroit.”…

(snip)

Snyder says he has someone in mind for an 18-month stint as emergency manager. But who? Who’s qualified to be the half-man, half-robot civic protector that Detroiters are dreaming of? Dave Weigel has the perfect cyborg for the job.....

(snip)
    Romney would be the perfect choice, but I think, as bad as Detroit is, that it would take longer than 18 months

http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

Save Detroit? GROW Detroit? No. Detroit can't grow. Not ever. The wrong people are there.

I've seen the same thing in business; if you don't have the right people you will not grow.

History has passed Detroit the way it did Timbuktu. The citizens of Detroit will not disappear, but Detroit has had its day in the sun.

Yes:

The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

What about OCP

And Robo Cop too.
    Onward Thru the Fog

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Yes:

That's not funny if you live there or near there.

Jonah wanted God to destroy Ninevah, that's why he tried to flee and got eaten by the fish. At the end, God tells him basically that there are 120,000 people in Ninevah who don't know their right hand from their left. There are 700,000+ people in Detroit. There might not be "much cattle", like Ninevah, but there are a lot of struggling people with few resources and options before them. Many of them are children.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    There are 700,000+ people in Detroit. There might not be "much cattle", like Ninevah, but there are a lot of struggling people with few resources and options before them.
    There used to be about 2¼ million people in Detroit. Somehow about 1½ million people found that they did have an option, and decided to stop providing the "resources". Detroit is left with only "cattle" and nobody to feed them.

But Hollywood loves Detroit because it provides an endless supply of sets for armageddon movies.

http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    That's not funny if you live there or near there.

Jonah wanted God to destroy Ninevah, that's why he tried to flee and got eaten by the fish. At the end, God tells him basically that there are 120,000 people in Ninevah who don't know their right hand from their left. There are 700,000+ people in Detroit. There might not be "much cattle", like Ninevah, but there are a lot of struggling people with few resources and options before them. Many of them are children.
    I may not live in or near Detroit but I do live near Camden and would like that city to get nuked as well. What liberals like yourself refuse to see is that it's liberal and progressive policies that give us shitholes like Detroit and Camden.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by marv View Post
    There used to be about 2¼ million people in Detroit. Somehow about 1½ million people found that they did have an option, and decided to stop providing the "resources". Detroit is left with only "cattle" and nobody to feed them.

But Hollywood loves Detroit because it provides an endless supply of sets for armageddon movies.

Those 1 1/2 million who left took most of the resources to the suburbs with them. Every city has it's poor-when the middle class leaves, the poor are all that are left.

As far as Romney as the Emergency Manager-I have no doubt that he has the business skills for the job. Dave Bing is a decent guy and one who is willing to work in a bipartisan fashion. I'm not sure that Romney has the type of diplomatic skills needed to deal with the city council-I'm not sure that anyone without a tranquilizer dart gun has those skills. Bing doesn't.

I wonder if Allan Mullaley is tired of being Ford's CEO? He would be a good candidate, since he saved Ford, and people like and trust him.