Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21
  1. #1 Met a guy tonight who gets furloughed at midnight. 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Sarasota,FL
    Posts
    42,741
    Oh noooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!


    Fri Mar 1, 2013, 07:23 PM
    WilliamPitt

    Met a guy tonight who gets furloughed at midnight.

    Last edited Fri Mar 1, 2013, 07:33 PM USA/ET - Edit history (2)
    Work(ed) for the National Parks Service.

    Ever spent time with someone who just that day lost their job? Yeah, it was like that...and no one could tell him, "It'll be over soon," because who the hell knows when this will all get settled?

    I am with the President on this. He is doing the right thing, and I pray to any and all listening gods that he stays the course.

    This isn't just some bullshit DC theater. This is brinksmanship with actual flesh-and-blood consequences, both near and far. More than a thousand kids will find out they've been thrown off the rolls of Head Start when they wake up tomorrow in Massachusetts, and that's just one state...but if this goes wrong, that program and dozens like it (Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid) will be gone forever, instead of just until this all gets settled.

    The guy I met tonight is flat-fucked out-of-work no-pay furloughed until further notice. Millions will be flat-fucked screwed if this goes sideways in the long term.

    This is not an intellectual exercise. This is flesh-and-blood real.

    God damn the House GOP.

    If there is a God, then God damn them.
    Yeah. Sure Will. Pour another one...
    May the FORCE be with you!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    CU Royalty JB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    7,895
    God d*mn the House GOP.
    Can someone refresh my memory and tell me what party controls 2/3rds of the government. Can someone tell me what party controls the presidency and has shown zero leadership on this issue for longer than I can remember. Can someone tell me what party has not passed or offered a legitimate budget in the last four years. Can someone tell me what party wants a "fair and balanced" approach but has offered neither. Can someone tell me what party has been running around talking about gun bans that won't work, the DOMA, the Boy Scouts, etc, etc when the issue of the economy has been kicked down the road repeateldy. /end rhetorical to all

    Even when they are in control they do not take responsibility for their actions. Have another drink Will and make sure you kick your own thread a dozen more times.
    Be Not Afraid.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    HR Corporate Scum patriot45's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Plant City, Florida
    Posts
    10,813
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Can someone refresh my memory and tell me what party controls 2/3rds of the government. Can someone tell me what party controls the presidency and has shown zero leadership on this issue for longer than I can remember. Can someone tell me what party has not passed or offered a legitimate budget in the last four years. Can someone tell me what party wants a "fair and balanced" approach but has offered neither. Can someone tell me what party has been running around talking about gun bans that won't work, the DOMA, the Boy Scouts, etc, etc when the issue of the economy has been kicked down the road repeateldy. /end rhetorical to all

    Even when they are in control they do not take responsibility for their actions. Have another drink Will and make sure you kick your own thread a dozen more times.
    oooh oooh pick me! I know! Its the libtards!

    : “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    CU Royalty JB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    7,895
    Turns out Pitt is nothing more than a lying liar.

    A memo from the Director of National Parks went on Feb 26 that said: "All seasonal employees that are furloughed will be provided at least 30 days notice."

    No way this guy lost his job today.

    And someone tell the lying liar that SS, Medicare and Medicaid are not impacted by sequester. WTF, not only do they not take responsibility for their own actions, they lie about the actions that are taken.
    Be Not Afraid.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Senior Member Apache's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Tree rats are watching you
    Posts
    6,991
    Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post
    oooh oooh pick me! I know! Its the libtards!
    No fair! You cheated!
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

    We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

    R.I.P. Crockspot
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    Senior Member Apache's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Tree rats are watching you
    Posts
    6,991
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Turns out Pitt is nothing more than a lying liar.

    A memo from the Director of National Parks went on Feb 26 that said: "All seasonal employees that are furloughed will be provided at least 30 days notice."

    No way this guy lost his job today.

    And someone tell the lying liar that SS, Medicare and Medicaid are not impacted by sequester. WTF, not only do they not take responsibility for their own actions, they lie about the actions that are taken.
    Oh stop...


    You know we'll hear these made up stories. A Senator that has been told of a down on her luck lesbian, who can't afford her birth control because some mean gun totin' ol GOPer stopped her SSI bennies by flattening all the USPS fleet tires...
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

    We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

    R.I.P. Crockspot
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,615
    Unsurprisingly, Will is full of shit, as usual:

    For one thing, Obama must sign an order formally starting the “sequester” or spending reductions, which according to a new estimate from the Congressional Budget Office, would amount to $42 billion in the current fiscal year.

    And White House aides have indicated that the president is not likely to put pen to paper on that order until after he meets with congressional leaders, a meeting slated for Friday morning.

    Once Obama signs the order to start the spending cuts, any furloughs of federal workers could not begin at least for another 30 days due to federal regulations and to collective bargaining agreements which the government has with the unions that represent roughly half of the federal workforce.




    No mas pantelones, Will. You're a liar. You've just flat-out made this shit up, probably while talking to the bottom of your whiskey glass tonight.



    ETA: JB beat me to it while I was trying to find that pants-on-fire picture.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    LTC Member Odysseus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    FT Belvoir, VA
    Posts
    15,638
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Turns out Pitt is nothing more than a lying liar.

    A memo from the Director of National Parks went on Feb 26 that said: "All seasonal employees that are furloughed will be provided at least 30 days notice."

    No way this guy lost his job today.

    And someone tell the lying liar that SS, Medicare and Medicaid are not impacted by sequester. WTF, not only do they not take responsibility for their own actions, they lie about the actions that are taken.
    Even if the guy was furloughed, it didn't mean that he lost his job. The furloughs are days off, usually one day per week, without pay, but they aren't layoffs. The guidance hasn't come out yet, because the executive order enforcing sequestration hasn't been signed, but nobody is getting furloughed until they have been given twenty days' notice, and that notice cannot go out by law until Obama signs the order. Pitt isn't just a liar, he's an idiot.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

    Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    Moderator txradioguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Bavaria
    Posts
    7,621
    Fri Mar 1, 2013, 07:23 PM
    WilliamPitt

    Met a guy tonight who gets furloughed at midnight...

    ...so I got him so drunk he ended up paying my bar tab and I took him home...this furlough thing could really work to my advantage [/Pitt mode]
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

    Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

    To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

    The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #10  
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Sarasota,FL
    Posts
    42,741
    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    ...so I got him so drunk he ended up paying my bar tab and I took him home...this furlough thing could really work to my advantage [/Pitt mode]
    Exactly, we'll see how many of these people Will meets a night...
    May the FORCE be with you!
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •