Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Proof Obama has been counting on Sequestration 
    Obama is getting the best of both worlds. He wanted sequestration to happen and he knew it might be bad. If it was bad then he needed to blame it on the Republicans. According to Rush he tipped his hand in his interview with the Des Moines Register. Here is the excerpt that Rush referred to along with a link to the entire transcript so any lurking libs can't honestly say that Obama's words were taken out of context.
    Q: Great. Mr. President, we know that John Boehner and the House Republicans have not been easy to work with, and certainly you’ve had some obstacles in the Senate, even though it’s been controlled by the Democrats. At the time, whenever -- we talked a lot about, in 2008, hope and change. I’m curious about what you see your role is in terms of changing the tone and the perception that Washington is broken. But particularly, sir, if you were granted a second term, how do you implode this partisan gridlock that has gripped Washington and Congress and basically our entire political structure right now?

THE PRESIDENT: Well, Rick, let me answer you short term and long term. In the short term, the good news is that there’s going to be a forcing mechanism to deal with what is the central ideological argument in Washington right now, and that is: How much government do we have and how do we pay for it?

So when you combine the Bush tax cuts expiring, the sequester in place, the commitment of both myself and my opponent -- at least Governor Romney claims that he wants to reduce the deficit -- but we’re going to be in a position where I believe in the first six months we are going to solve that big piece of business.

It will probably be messy. It won’t be pleasant. But I am absolutely confident that we can get what is the equivalent of the grand bargain that essentially I’ve been offering to the Republicans for a very long time, which is $2.50 worth of cuts for every dollar in spending, and work to reduce the costs of our health care programs.

And we can easily meet -- “easily” is the wrong word -- we can credibly meet the target that the Bowles-Simpson Commission established of $4 trillion in deficit reduction, and even more in the out-years, and we can stabilize our deficit-to-GDP ratio in a way that is really going to be a good foundation for long-term growth. Now, once we get that done, that takes a huge piece of business off the table.
    Transcript is here

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

I think he wanted the defense department reduction. The rest of it - EPA, DOT, etc - he viewed as temporary cuts until he could make it painful enough for the general electorate to shout for more spending. I don't think it will work.

Unnecessarily releasing illegal aliens is a good example of "Now, see what you made me do!". There will be more.

I loved Hannity last night. He opened the show with breaking news and the news was that the world hadn't come to an end. He kept on doing that the entire show. It was hilarious.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
    I think he wanted the defense department reduction. The rest of it - EPA, DOT, etc - he viewed as temporary cuts until he could make it painful enough for the general electorate to shout for more spending. I don't think it will work.

Unnecessarily releasing illegal aliens is a good example of "Now, see what you made me do!". There will be more.
    Actually the White House and DHS are disavowing any knowledge of this. I'm sure this is what they wanted in order to scare Americans and say "look what the republicans caused" while at the same time setting up some ICE lifer to be a scape goat.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    Actually the White House and DHS are disavowing any knowledge of this. I'm sure this is what they wanted in order to scare Americans and say "look what the republicans caused" while at the same time setting up some ICE lifer to be a scape goat.
    There is unfortunately a lot of totally unnecessary gamesmanship going on at both ends of the Federal bureaucracy, to include DOD. At the highest levels it is the senior leadership like Odierno and the other Chiefs trying to make it as brainlessly-bad as possible to bolster Obama by grounding entire air groups and the like. At the other end of the pipe, where the money actually spent, you have installations and major units or activities imposing furloughs in the most damaging way possible without staggering the off-days so they can shut down entire activities, release prisoners, and things of that sort, all in order to demonstrate the direst possible consequences, which they have intentionally aggravated, so they will get more of the remaining pie. In the meantime all the funding streams for robot squirrels, fish democracy studies, redecoration of headquarters office suites, and insanely-overpriced biofuel continues untouched.

Yeah. Every time I saw Panetta out singing the blues over the looming budget cuts, I thought he was just covering for The White House, who sent him out the way they did Susan Rice.

And someone's career will suddenly end over the illegal alien deal. Someone you and I never heard of and who was following what he thought were orders.

DumbAssTanker's comments were spot on.

God, I get tired of feeling like I'm being manipulated.

The only cuts he wanted were to the military, and he wanted to raise taxes to give more welfare out ... When he saw that it would effect more than the military, he all of sudden did not want it.

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....

Quote Originally Posted by LukeEDay View Post
    The only cuts he wanted were to the military, and he wanted to raise taxes to give more welfare out ... When he saw that it would effect more than the military, he all of sudden did not want it.
    I thnk he new exactly what it was going to do. His people concocted this grand solution and that is why he vowed to veto any bill that lessened the impact of sequestration.

C. S. Lewis

I thnk he new exactly what it was going to do. His people concocted this grand solution and that is why he vowed to veto any bill that lessened the impact of sequestration.
    I am sure such is true, but I seriously think the only thing he wanted to cut was the Military, and when he saw that it will be more, he changed his mind.

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....

There aren't any leaves on the trees and it is all because of Sequestration, it's the Republicans fault.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg