1. #1 Your memories of Child Rearing ... 
    And this in most cases, really does belong in this section ...

But, hats off to any guys in here that did it, or are presently doing it on their own!

Would love to read, as a retired mom of one child (now a middle-aged male) what you young parents are going through these days.

~ ABC

Rats! Am not really paying attention to my Sunday morning political stuff on TV ... multi-tasking as usual, but love this subject, thanks to Rob, I think it was, over in Gen. Discussion.
    American By Choice ~ 1980

Little boys misbehave right in front of you; you'll get to watch.
    Then when you say, "Why did you do that"?
    They'll say, "I dunno"......................And they DON'T! They're not lying!

Little girls are not like that. When a little girl misbehaves she will have arranged it so that you are looking some other direction. You won't know what hit you. Then, about 6 months later, you'll wake up in the middle of the night and say, "HEY! Wait a minute! That's not right!"
    But it'll be too late.

Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
    Little boys misbehave right in front of you ...
    >snip<
    Little girls are not like that. When a little girl misbehaves she will have arranged it so that you are looking some other direction.
    How true!

Rudyard Kipling wrote that "The female of the species is more deadly than the male" ...

And that's because even as young girls, we females, having higher intellects than our male counter-parts ... are capable of being far more devious!!!

Am glad that I had to deal with a mere male child!
    American By Choice ~ 1980

Quote Originally Posted by ABC in Georgia View Post
    How true!

Rudyard Kipling wrote that "The female of the species is more deadly than the male" ...

And that's because even as young girls, we females, having higher intellects than our male counter-parts ... are capable of being far more devious!!!

Am glad that I had to deal with a mere male child!
    Agree with you on that gender issue. I had to deal with two male children. Years ago when I taught jr and high school for a nannosecond, the girls were more difficult. As you said so eloquently, the girls are more devious.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

As a mom of a 3 year old daughter, I have to say I am lucky. My daughter is being raised by me and her grandparents. She lives a sheltered life with old school values. She's the type of person that gets nervous if you're more than 3 feet away from her at the grocery store. She's a total homebody and would rather be no where else. If we go to the beach, store, park etc, after about an hour, she pleads to go home where she can play with her dolls, play kitchen and castle.

I hope this lasts till she's 18 and off to college.