Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Idiot gives speech to idiots, idiots don't listen 
    Kerry urges Egypt to take difficult economic steps; opposition figures skip meetings
    By Anne Gearan, Updated: Saturday, March 2, 2:27 PM

CAIRO — Well-known political opposition figures stayed away from meetings with visiting Secretary of State John F. Kerry on Saturday, some for fear of appearing too close to the United States in the still-unsettled politics of Egypt two years after the fall of a U.S.-backed dictator.

Kerry encouraged Egypt’s Islamist-led government to take politically difficult economic steps that are crucial to securing international loans and outside investment. President Mohamed Morsi, whom Kerry will see Sunday, has been unable to marshal support for such economic measures. His opponents accuse him of reneging on pledges of political and religious openness.

Meanwhile, some $450 million in U.S. aid to Egypt has been frozen in Congress and the International Monetary Fund has held off on loans and debt relief worth more than $4 billion. Egypt has been the most important Arab ally of the United States for decades, with ties built largely on Egypt’s peace treaty with Israel.
    Read More>http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/...8de_print.html
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    How could they not listen to John Fing Kerry????
    May the FORCE be with you!

If there is a way to screw the pooch even bigger in North Africa than we already have, Lurch is the man to find and implement it.

One thing about it, if they get pissed drag him out in the ally, and have their way with him, we aren't out much.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.

Hmm, does anyone have a really crappy anti-Islamic movie lying around that they would like to post on YouTube?

6. #6 Idiot gives speech to idiots, idiots don't listen 
    Quote Originally Posted by DumbAss Tanker View Post
    If there is a way to screw the pooch even bigger in North Africa than we already have, Lurch is the man to find and implement it.
    Not to cut Kerry any slack (I personally loathe the man), but there is very little that anyone can do to fix the ancient problems that plague that backward part of the world.
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    Not to cut Kerry any slack (I personally loathe the man), but there is very little that anyone can do to fix the ancient problems that plague that backward part of the world.
    I'm referring to 'Lately,' i.e. State's initiatives which admittedly did take off under the Bush Administration in furtherance of its delusion, doubled and redoubled under Obama, that enough Fundamentalist Muslim Arabs and Egyptians were dying to transform their nations into peaceful Western democracies that they would outweigh the heavily-armed homicidal proselytizing maniacs in the same population who are dedicated to bringing on some sort of Western-civilization-destroying apocalypse via the 12th Imam, restoration of the Caliphate, or some other such nonsense.

Considerable effort went into spiriting out and indoctrinating/supporting pro-democracy reformers for years before the Arab Spring, in order effectuate that particular American delusional system, through multiple administrations. Some efforts were made by the Obama administration to claim credit for it, but for a few particular reasons the meme never took root in the press. For one, it happened early enough in his administration that it would have been obvious that he would have to share credit with Bush, so it wasn't pushed aggressively (Though it didn't stop him from claiming credit for victory in Iraq, which was all resolved except the signing of the treaty before he was sworn in...though I expect that will eventually come back to haunt him). For another, the Arab and Egyptian leaders accessible to our press, and who were in a position to assert control of the situation, were not those pro-Democracy reformers and/or did not want to taint their standing with their own countrymen by giving a nod to any US assistance.

It was a stupid and ill-conceived policy and still is. North Africa has gone from a chain of autocracies that were either benign or mildly cooperative to an armed zoo run by Islamofascist chimps, with the US a willing participant in slaughtering far more Libyan people from the safety of air dominance than their dictator would have ever killed, people who were by and large no more guilty of anything than the ones we were 'Protecting' (Which is to say, they were both scum).

The entire thing is depressingly stupid.

Does anyone like that douchebag?

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....

Quote Originally Posted by LukeEDay View Post
    Does anyone like that douchebag?
    Jane Fonda thinks he is as fresh as a summers eve.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Jane Fonda thinks he is as fresh as a summers eve.
    Summers Eve would never help that dried up traitorous prune ... Hanoi Jane, I can't stand that woman.

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....