1. #1 If Chavez is dead, we need to be in solidarity with the people of Venezuela. 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Yeah...sure.

Tue Mar 5, 2013, 05:07 PM
    Ken Burch

If Chavez is dead, we need to be in solidarity with the people of Venezuela.

Last edited Tue Mar 5, 2013, 05:15 PM USA/ET - Edit history (1)
    The only chance the poor and the dispossessed of that country have is for the revolution to survive. They will be struggling with all their might to preserve it...and the alternative to preserving it is to have the Bain model imposed on that country through international financial pressure(or through the imposition of Capriles, a man who is pretty much the Mitt Romney of Venezuela).

A man may be dead, but the people fight on.

La Lucha Continua!

Yeah!!! Speak Truth to Cockroacha!!!!
    May the FORCE be with you!

Ummm...DUmmies...the people of Venezuela are glad he's gone.

You're the only ones that think his passing is a bad thing.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Didn't the military try to overthrow Chavez a couple of times in the past? My guess is that they will take control quickly, at least until the UN or someone intervenes and elections are held, probably supervised by Jimmy Carter.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Didn't the military try to overthrow Chavez a couple of times in the past?
    Ummm...no. Chavez was the one while in the military trying to overthrow the Government.

There was one attempt by some officers that hated Chavez but that was it.

My guess is that they will take control quickly, at least until the UN or someone intervenes and elections are held, probably supervised by Jimmy Carter.
    And again you'd guess...wrong.

His Vice President who has been the interim while Chavez was in Cuba will retain that role for now.

I know you were hoping for some kind of Military takeover so you could spew Liberal azioms about the "military industrial complex" and other such nonsense...but alas...you won't get to. :(
    Last edited by txradioguy; 03-06-2013 at 11:39 AM.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    Ummm...no. Chavez was the one while in the military trying to overthrow the Government.

There was one attempt by some officers that hated Chavez but that was it.

And again you'd guess...wrong.

His Vice President who has been the interim while Chavez was in Cuba will retain that role for now.

I know you were hoping for some kind of Military takeover so you could spew Liberal azioms about the "military industrial complex" and other such nonsense...but alas...you won't get to. :(

I'm a liberal who doesn't hate the military, okay?

I just thought that since Venezuala's military had tried to oust Chavez in the past, they would take advantage of the situation with his death and take control for the purpose of stabilization.

The UN intervention/Jimmy Carter election supervison was a joke, one that I thought conservatives would find amusing (in an eyerolling way) because it has happened that way in other countries.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I'm a liberal who doesn't hate the military, okay?
    Sure

The UN intervention/Jimmy Carter election supervison was a joke, one that I thought conservatives would find amusing (in an eyerolling way) because it has happened that way in other countries.
    Jimmy Carter is every Communist Dictators friend. Always has been...always will be. You're right it was funny. Especially since he almost beat bama to the punch of being the first one in the U.S. to send condolences.

Which people of Venezuela? The ones who love him or the ones who hate him?

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis