Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Rand Paul Filibustering Brennan CIA Nomination 
    Link

Sen. Rand Paul has taken to the floor of the U.S. Senate and is vowing to stay there “at length” in order to filibuster John O. Brennan, President Obama’s nominee to be the next CIA director.

The freshman Kentucky Republican has said he will hold up the nomination until he gets more information about the U.S. drone execution program, which has become a major sore point for many lawmakers on Capitol Hill.
    “A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others.”Ayn Rand

Power Point Ranger

Rand Paul is positioning himself for a Presidental run in 2016. I am happy about this.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    Rand Paul is positioning himself for a Presidental run in 2016. I am happy about this.
    Possibly. But I don't think this is an attempt to posture.

I believe this is about making Obama hold on his campaign promise on "openess". Brennen will probably get confirmed, but Obama needs to explain this troubling drone use on American's without due process issue.

Good ol' Senator Mike Lee got some Cahunas and helping him out right now. This could go on until late evening.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Called up my stupid Democrat Senators and asked them if they thought this issue was only a Republican issue? Asked them why they aren't out on the floor asking for answers. Senator aid answers: .....Had no answer.

Sad part is only 2 other GOP Senators are helping out and he's been talking for 4 hours.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    Possibly. But I don't think this is an attempt to posture.

I believe this is about making Obama hold on his campaign promise on "openess". Brennen will probably get confirmed, but Obama needs to explain this troubling drone use on American's without due process issue.

Good ol' Senator Mike Lee got some Cahunas and helping him out right now. This could go on until late evening.
    I don't think that Rand is doing this for the sake of posturing. He is commited to getting answers. The fact that it keeps his name on the lips of voting republicans is simply a plus.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

I Pray to God that he will protect Rand from the barbs the MSM and democrats(i know one and the same)will throw at him. What was that George Orwell quote?( I am paraphrasing here) "Where lies hold sway those that tell the truth will be hated"
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly

It was nice to see Wyden cross the aisle on this issue. If only my new Seantors (being that I am now an official Washington resident) had stepped up in defense of the 4th and 5th Amendments...
    “A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others.”Ayn Rand

Power Point Ranger

lol. Going on 8 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    I don't think that Rand is doing this for the sake of posturing. He is commited to getting answers. The fact that it keeps his name on the lips of voting republicans is simply a plus.
    That's actually why it's so great. Even a lot of the DUmpers are admitting that they're liking the guy over this. The ACLU is backing him. Numerous liberal blogs out there are cheering him on.

The fact that he's actually genuine on this is just what makes it such a coup d'état. What better person to be President than someone who has actually walked the walk in challenging Executive power?
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

10. #10 Re: Rand Paul Filibustering Brennan CIA Nomination 
    Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    Called up my stupid Democrat Senators and asked them if they thought this issue was only a Republican issue? Asked them why they aren't out on the floor asking for answers. Senator aid answers: .....Had no answer.

Sad part is only 2 other GOP Senators are helping out and he's been talking for 4 hours.
    Yeah, killing terrorists requires further discussion, but blatant antisemitism an bumbling incoherence at the confirmation hearing isn't an issue? Seriously?

Sic hacer pace, para bellum.
    Sent from my android.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!