1. #1 Got in a PISSER With The Landlord 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Yeah, sure you did. BOUNCY!!!

Wed Mar 6, 2013, 12:31 PM
    rsmith6621

Got in a PISSER With The Landlord

..Went down to get a new switch plate for the light switch this morning. The landlord ask me how I was doing with my job search, I said WELL I just got approved for another 26 weeks of unemployment benefits so I can start and finish out my training program.I am working towards my Class A CDL.

She asked who is paying for the training program I said the state and WIA. She said why should the state pay for you to retrain for a new job. I said so I can get back to work and get off of UE. She said WELL!!! the state shouldnt have to pay for every unfortunate circumstance in your life. I replied and reminded her that 25% of her rents were being paid by UE benefits currently and that those benefits are saving her property management company thousands in legal cost not having to evict people and adding to the bottom line.

I closed by saying if the state shouldn't be paying for this then how about we make corporations pay, they are the ones laying people off not the state. Perhaps they took a risk in hiring me so why shouldn't the risk include retraining me if they fall on hard times, that is not my fault.

Her eyes just rolled to the back of her head.
    Just missing the "So"...

May the FORCE be with you!

I closed by saying if the state shouldn't be paying for this then how about we make corporations pay, they are the ones laying people off not the state. Perhaps they took a risk in hiring me so why shouldn't the risk include retraining me if they fall on hard times, that is not my fault.
    I guess it never occured to the OP that training and education should be his responsibility and not the responsibility of the Feds, the states or corporations. Corporations lay off because either the job is obsolete or the corporation can no longer afford to pay the worker's salary. As a rule companies don't lay off people for general purposes. We all know the risks when we start a new job and that we may eventually get laid off. To think otherwise is to live in a dream world.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Just love these guys.

You got layed off from your last job because corporations are " mean".
    Ecomonics don't exist in the Moonbat Universe.

Of course this is coming from the same happy bunch, who one their number once said;

" If I owned a business, and they raised my taxes, I'd hire more people."

Must be great to live in a place where gravity doesn't exist and unicorn farts smell like cotton candy.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.